PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Cerave rec! Now, recommend moisturizer for normal/oily skin

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
02-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Thank you thank you thank you to all who recommended Cerave! It was on sale last week at Target, and on a whim, I picked up a bottle of the foaming cleanser. Wow. What a difference! In just a week, my skin has calmed down and at least 70% of the redness has disappeared. Wow.

Now, I'd love recommendations for moisturizers, especially those for normal/oily skin. Bonus points if I can buy it at Target! :jammin:

--Jennifer

new_mommy25
02-09-2014, 02:13 AM
I use the Cerave am moisturizer in the morning and Cerave cream in the tub at night. Love, love, love Cerave!

wendibird22
02-09-2014, 08:36 AM
I use crave a.m. And p.m. Versions. Love love love them both.

indigo99
02-09-2014, 10:54 AM
I visited a dermatologist who pushed cerave. If it matters to you, it does contain propylparaben which is an estrogen disruptor (studies have found it accumulated in breast cancer tumors) and methylparaben which may react with the sun and lead to skin aging/damage. The Neutrogena that I use contains them as well, but I won't bother switching unless I find something else that doesn't contain those things. (Aveda, Josie Maran, Korres, and Origins products are paraben free but I'd like a less expensive option).

OKKiddo
02-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Well this was an eye opener! I had no idea that parabens could be so dangerous and I need all of the estrogen left that my body makes (early menopause for all the women in my family) as well as a lowered cancer risk (breast cancer in maternal grandmother and aunt). With some checking I found out that one of the soaps we already use for hand soap is paraben free and that they have a nice looking skin care line. Avalon Organics is the name of our soap--has anyone tried any of the skin care? http://www.avalonorganics.com/?title=Skin+Care

ETA: From the looks of Avalon Organics it's pretty reasonable, especially when compared to the cost of Aveda. Less than $13 for cleanser compared to Aveda's $35 price tag...

etwahl
02-09-2014, 02:19 PM
I try to avoid all the parabens and such. I recently bought Acure sensitive skin cleanser and moisturizer. Love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BTYPW5E

I like Avalon organics for hand soap and body lotion but have not liked their face products. I have sensitive skin with combination skin (oily in t zone, dry on outside areas).

NJ_Mom2011
02-09-2014, 09:17 PM
If you want Paraben free and a reasonably priced product that is sold at Target, maybe you should try the Yes to Carrots moisturizer. I admit that I have never tried it, but I know that Yes to products get much BBB love around here.

The company web site is offering a coupon: http://www.yestocarrots.com/instorecoupon.html

OKKiddo
02-09-2014, 10:31 PM
I have sensitive skin with combination skin (oily in t zone, dry on outside areas).

Oh, that is me exactly!

twowhat?
02-09-2014, 10:55 PM
I've been quite happy with the Yes to Cucumbers calming night cream, if you can get past the scent. I have very combo skin. It's both very dry and very oily.

OKKiddo
02-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I just pulled the trigger on Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment and Deep Wrinkle Night Cream along with the Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub and NOW Solutions Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer AM Fine Line Smoothing and Repair Cream. The Yes to Blueberries with SPF didn't get very good reviews (said it was white, thick, and some even said blueish). One review referenced the NOW cream and the reviews on that were pretty good. I can't believe how much stuff parabens are in!

JustMe
02-13-2014, 01:18 AM
I just pulled the trigger on Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment and Deep Wrinkle Night Cream along with the Yes to Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub and NOW Solutions Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer AM Fine Line Smoothing and Repair Cream. The Yes to Blueberries with SPF didn't get very good reviews (said it was white, thick, and some even said blueish). One review referenced the NOW cream and the reviews on that were pretty good. I can't believe how much stuff parabens are in!

Wow, can you update with how you like all of these once you have been using them for a few weeks?

OKKiddo
02-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Wow, can you update with how you like all of these once you have been using them for a few weeks?

Well, it's been a couple of weeks and the product says you'll see improvement in 8 days. I do, I definitely do! My forehead has fewer deep wrinkles, my crows feet that were showing up around my eyes aren't visible anymore (shrunk them quite a bit). And every single one of the items smells fantastic and yummy!

The grapefruit scrub gets all of my make up off without making me feel like I've scraped my face off, and it doesn't burn or sting (but again smells so yummy I usually get the munchies, lol).

The Yes to Blueberries Deep Wrinkle Night Cream is thick and it's not an oily type moisturizer. And don't use the whole pump, it's about 2x what you need (and I'm always generous when I put moisturizer on)!

The Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment goes on easily and really moisturizes (thinking I might use this for the morning too, I really do get dry skin around my eyes). It only takes a tiny, tiny bit to go a long way--definitely not the full pump.

I only had a problem once, the first time I used it, with the NOW Solutions Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer. I guess I didn't carefully shake it or mix it and when I put it on I had red, raised hives on my face. I had to use my rosacea meds for 2 days to get rid of the redness and then I started all over to make sure it wasn't a combination of cleanser and moisturizer that caused it. I had no problem the next time I went back to it and just make sure I shake it and squeeze the tube really well. It isn't an oily type moisturizer, it's thick and it does leave me feeling like I have something on my face. That's the only part I'm not thrilled with.

JustMe
03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Well, it's been a couple of weeks and the product says you'll see improvement in 8 days. I do, I definitely do! My forehead has fewer deep wrinkles, my crows feet that were showing up around my eyes aren't visible anymore (shrunk them quite a bit). And every single one of the items smells fantastic and yummy!

The grapefruit scrub gets all of my make up off without making me feel like I've scraped my face off, and it doesn't burn or sting (but again smells so yummy I usually get the munchies, lol).

The Yes to Blueberries Deep Wrinkle Night Cream is thick and it's not an oily type moisturizer. And don't use the whole pump, it's about 2x what you need (and I'm always generous when I put moisturizer on)!

The Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment goes on easily and really moisturizes (thinking I might use this for the morning too, I really do get dry skin around my eyes). It only takes a tiny, tiny bit to go a long way--definitely not the full pump.

I only had a problem once, the first time I used it, with the NOW Solutions Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer. I guess I didn't carefully shake it or mix it and when I put it on I had red, raised hives on my face. I had to use my rosacea meds for 2 days to get rid of the redness and then I started all over to make sure it wasn't a combination of cleanser and moisturizer that caused it. I had no problem the next time I went back to it and just make sure I shake it and squeeze the tube really well. It isn't an oily type moisturizer, it's thick and it does leave me feeling like I have something on my face. That's the only part I'm not thrilled with.

Thanks for posting! I am just seeing this now.
So would you recommend all of these products?

OKKiddo
03-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Definitely the Yes To products. I'm not fond of how thick and white the NOW foods cream is--it takes a lot of rubbing in to get it to absorb.