PDA

View Full Version : Lego Movie-Saw it today

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-09-2014, 02:33 AM
Just too flippin funny. We saw it with another couple and their children and she and I both could barely keep the belly laughs contained in the theatere. The kids loved it. The plot is light with lego poking fun at itself.

Favorite line- "We are from the land of Duplo and we are here to destroy you!"

MMMommy
02-09-2014, 02:38 AM
It got great reviews, and we look forward to seeing it soon. EW's Owen Gleiberman gave it an A!

georgiegirl
02-09-2014, 07:17 AM
DH is taking the kids today. Glad to hear its good. Although I'm sure DS will start begging for the movie sets and minifigs.

acmom
02-09-2014, 08:19 AM
What would you say for age range? Ok for 3.5?

TwinFoxes
02-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm glad the movie lived up to the trailer. Wow, with Frozen this will be too good kids movies in a row. Cleanses my palate after Free Birds and Walking with Dinos.

SASM
02-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Saw it yesterday. All matinee shows, both standard and 3D, sold out so if you go, buy early!! That being said, my kids (11, almost 9, and 6) LOVED IT. My friend's son (13yo) saw it and loved it. The theatre was soooooo loud with laughter....it was wonderful to hear! The father next to DH was laughing non-stop! :) That being said, DH & I were really looking forward to it bc (the trailers looked hysterical) BUT we were bored. :( :( It was just too long for US. DH nodded off several times. I kept eating carrots (and stole some if DD2's popcorn) to stay awake. :( Flip side...best nights sleep ever!! We are sooooooo in the minority!! According to Flixter: 97% critics liked and 94% audiences liked. Tons of preschoolers and babies in the theatre...lots of laughing...I wouldn't hesitate bringing a little one. :) have fun!!!!!

Gracemom
02-09-2014, 10:57 AM
We loved it! Yes, it was a tad long. There was a twist near the end that I was not expecting. My kids didn't like that part as much. It prompted a good discussion with my kids later. My DH and I loved the humor. My kids have been quoting it all weekend!

elizabethkott
02-09-2014, 11:08 AM
We saw it yesterday also.
DS1 (7) and DS2 (3.5) both had a good time. DH and I loved it. It was a little long for DS2 (who kept asking if it was over lol!) but who had a great time annoying his older brother with the "Everything is Awesome" song for the rest. of. the. night.

JElaineB
02-09-2014, 11:36 AM
DS and his two friends (ages 11 and 10), DH and I went to see it yesterday. The three boys thought it was great, one of the best movies ever. I thought it was very good, funny and clever. Though I was hoping for a few more "adult" type references (possibly I missed some of them, though!) But I can't say I loved it beyond words. I too, almost nodded off a couple of times! The ending was really good, though, I thought.

Mommy_Mea
02-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I ser a lot of people taking their little ones, and I was thinking of taking ds1, any idea why it is rated PG?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

georgiegirl
02-09-2014, 04:29 PM
My kids (who are easily scared) did not think it was scary. They liked it very much.

Twoboos
02-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I ser a lot of people taking their little ones, and I was thinking of taking ds1, any idea why it is rated PG?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I read a review in the paper that basically said it should be rated G. They gave an example of violence as being a lego thing busting apart. <shrug> I will see if I can find the whole review, but I think it was in this week's recycling!

Looking forward to seeing this! :)

SASM
02-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Here's the Common Sense Media review, possibly explaining the PG rating:

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/the-lego-movie

elephantmeg
02-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Glad it is good. We're taking DS to see it in a couple weeks for his b-day. He is so excited!

Momit
02-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Glad to hear all the good reviews! We plan to go soon, just waiting for the crowds to lessen a bit.

SnuggleBuggles
02-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Saw it too. Everyone liked it.

mikeys_mom
02-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Glad to hear so far most kids have not found it scary. DS typically doesn't like movies at all and especially doesn't like watching in the theatre but he saw the trailer and is possibly leaning towards actually seeing this one in the theatre. This is huge for him so I'm really hoping it isn't too scary because that is always an issue for him.

HannaAddict
02-10-2014, 05:41 AM
All our kids loved it (just 4,7,10) but we there were far less kids than adults without kids attending the 5:30 show. Groups of 4-5 men in their 30's and 40's laughing and saying they need to see it again. It was funny but we sort of shrugged at how many adults sans kids were there. Downtown urban theater so that skews it a little but good movie.

nfowife
02-10-2014, 09:55 AM
We saw it last weekend (early screening of the film) for my son's 7th birthday and it was a hit! One boy did get frightened and I had to take him out for about 40 minutes, ugh. But he went back in for the last 15 minute to see the happy ending and was fine. All the other kids (including my 3 yo dd) loved it and are still singing "everything is awesome"! I thought it was funny too! Well, the parts of the movie I got to see, that is...

Ceepa
02-10-2014, 10:50 AM
We saw it and all liked it.

AnnieW625
02-10-2014, 12:30 PM
DH and DD1 saw it on Saturday and liked it. DH said DD2 would have loved it too, but myself and her didn't go because she had a mild ear infection.