PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to get highlights before heading on a beach vacation?

khalloc
02-11-2014, 04:11 PM
I have medium honey blond hair. It's fairly light in the summer when I am in the sun a lot. But by this time of year the top of my head and the underneath is dull and drab. still definitely blond though. I want to get my hair highlighted, but Should I wait till after my vacation? We leave in 2 weeks for Turks and Caicos. will lots of sun, chlorine and Salt water ruin highlights?

Mopey
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Definitely do not get your hair done before vacation. You are right that the color will be hurt.

HannaAddict
02-11-2014, 04:47 PM
If you need to have your hair done and want to look good on vacation, then do it. It will get lighter and need to be touched up when you get back sooner than if not in the beach weather. If you are just wanting to do highlights because and not covering gray, then maybe wait until you get back.

SnuggleBuggles
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I have done it before and didn't have any problems.

liz
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I get my highlights done before vacation because I want to look decent in my pictures. It's one of the few times we have the camera out constantly and I actually make it into the pictures (instead of behind the camera).

TxCat
02-11-2014, 05:14 PM
I always get my highlights touched up before a beach vacation - never been a problem. If you're really worried, you can ask your stylist to recommend a protective balm/oil to apply to your hair prior to swimming.

khalloc
02-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Hmmm...I think I'll wait I guess. DH says not to even bother because my hair will lighten up then anyways. I only get this done like 1x a year, so I've never done touch ups.. and I don't have any grey yet. I do need a haircut in a bad way though, so I will do that and then decide after vacation whether to do the highlights this year or not.

marinkitty
02-11-2014, 06:54 PM
I've done it dozens of times and it lasts just the same as when I don't go on vacation.

mackmama
02-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Your hair color sounds like mine. I like to get it highlighted before vaca. It might turn a little lighter in sun but who cares- you'll look and feel great! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)