PDA

View Full Version : ACK! I want to binge!!

kaitlyns.mom
02-11-2014, 10:52 PM
I have been tracking my food on MFP for a week now, and staying under 1600 calories/day. I've been doing pretty well with it but today I have a MAJOR impulse to binge. I seriously could eat everything in the house right now. What do you do when the urge strikes?

I should say, I am definitely someone with no willpower when it comes to moderation. So I can't just have a couple of whatever it is... I worry it will all go downhill.

SnuggleBuggles
02-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Brush your teeth.

elephantmeg
02-11-2014, 11:05 PM
chew gum. Or eat raw carrots. After enough carrots there is no room for anything else!

YouAreTheFocus
02-11-2014, 11:23 PM
I am the same way, if I am hungry and get the urge, I definitely can't break out cookies/chips. It's all or nothing! I agree with the PP suggestions, also I do apple slices, or cut up a bunch of veggies and dip in a little dressing. Oh, and a big cup of decaf helps, too.

KLD313
02-11-2014, 11:32 PM
My trainer suggests eating tic tacs or fireballs. The fireballs really work. If I really want something sweet I eat one of those Jello Temptations Desserts. They're sugar free and 60 calories but they don't have that chemical taste some sugar free stuff gets. I also eat veggies, esp grape tomatoes.

DualvansMommy
02-11-2014, 11:41 PM
I usually stock my fridge with sugar free jello or lots of cut up fruit and stock my pantry with nuts. Once I finish my measured smack, I switch to cup of coffee then brush my teeth. It really works for me, as I'm like you once there's chips or cookies in pantry DH and I usually finish it in one sitting !! So we don't keep any in our home unless having a party or specific event.

kaitlyns.mom
02-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Thank you for all of these tips! I like the fireball one... I haven't had one of those in years!

I made it until 9:30 p.m. and then ended up measuring out 1/4 cup of M&Ms... at 200 calories, I'm not sure it was worth it, especially with the headache I got shortly after! But at least I didn't blow my calories for the day, just went slightly over, and ended up realizing it was better in my mind than in reality. :)