PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Kindle Paperwhite after using a regular Kindle?

cookiemonster80
02-12-2014, 08:41 AM
DD2 broke my regular Kindle- I've had it 4 years and honestly haven't used it that much as I haven't had a lot of time for reading. The last month of so I have been using it more often- and really want another one to replace. The easy of book buying immediate gratification is too much to give up.

I don't need a Kindle Fire- but am interested in the paperwhite. Can anyone vouch that it is much easier to read than the regular Kindle? I don't have great eyes- so if it's easier to read I would really like the paperwhite I think. otherwise I'll probably get the cheapo regular kindle.

kristenk
02-12-2014, 08:56 AM
I switched from a touch to a paperwhite and LOVE the paperwhite! Being able to adjust the brightness of the screen is wonderful and makes reading in different light levels so easy. It's much easier than even a regular book. I also read a lot in bed and usually continue reading after DH turns off his light. I'll turn off my light and then continue to read with the paperwhite. Oh, and DH switched over to a paperwhite after I had mine for a few months. We both really love them!

LBW
02-12-2014, 09:19 AM
I replaced an older Kindle with a Paperwhite last year and wouldn't go back! The Paperwhite is wonderful. Just as easy to read on as the regular Kindle PLUS I can read in a dark room without an extra light source.

Philly Mom
02-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I just switched. I love it. It is also lighter. I wouldn't want to switch back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhafer
02-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Love love love my paper white. And I've had every generation of kindle.

Katigre
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes! My kindle of three years was broken by the toddler last month and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paperwhite so much more.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

pb&j
02-12-2014, 11:14 AM
LOVE my paperwhite. Would not go back to a regular kindle.

dogmom
02-12-2014, 11:40 AM
I have a regular kindle with a crack in it's screen. I am considering dropping it a few more times so I can get a paperwhite. I want to read in bed without a light.

ellies mom
02-12-2014, 11:46 AM
My husband had the first and third kindle and now has the paperwhite. He loves it. I had the second kindle, now have the third and I'm getting ready to buy the paperwhite because he likes his so much. While I will miss the page turning buttons on the sides, the ability to read without a book light at night will make up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

TwinFoxes
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
I'll just say "me too!"

My DH also loves my Paperwhite. I didn't realize it, but the light on my case bothered him at night. He says this one is great, it doesn't bother him at all.

sarahsthreads
02-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I have a regular kindle with a crack in it's screen. I am considering dropping it a few more times so I can get a paperwhite. I want to read in bed without a light.

Do it. :)

Seriously, OP, I couldn't love my Paperwhite more. DD1 has my old keyboard Kindle, and when I have to go back to that to help her load books or whatnot I feel guilty that I have the better Kindle - not guilty enough to give it over, mind you! When the old keyboard Kindle eventually dies I'll get myself the newest shiniest Paperwhite and let DD1 use my old one, but that's the only reason I'd replace it. Super easy to read on, lots of font options and sizes, plus the ability to read in any lighting is just phenomenal - I can't tell you the number of 2AM feedings I've sat in the dark nursery, reading to keep myself awake.

Sarah :)

zukeypur
02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
LOVE. I mostly read right before bed. It's perfect for reading in bed and not disturbing DH

cookiemonster80
02-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Ok- you've convinced me
I need the paperwhite!!
What's considered a good deal?