PDA

View Full Version : Review of Lands End featherlight down jacket

cookiemonster80
02-12-2014, 08:49 AM
I know there has been a lot of jacket discussion lately- I just got this one from Lands End and I really love it-
http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-featherlight-down-jacket/id_258753

It is SUPER warm. I wore a long sleeved shirt under it in 20 degree weather and was totally fine. It's very flattering and easy to move it, not too poofy- which I can't stand so that was a deal breaker if it had been too thick.

It actually looks decent on- i'm not the thinnest I've ever been in my life and I don't feel like a marshmallow in it.. The medium is plenty roomy- I'm 5'7'' about 140 lbs with broad shoulders. the only gripe is that the arms are about an inch shorter than I'd like- my arms are pretty average. It's not a deal breaker for me.

I've tried on several companies versions of this jacket- mountain hardwear, northface, llbean, and this was the warmest/most flattering my far.

Hope this helps someone!

gymnbomb
02-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Looks nice! I have 2 casual winter coats (a light/mid weight jacket from REI that is great down to around 30 degrees and a 3 way Columbia parka for when it's colder) that are in good shape and I like very much. However, the fact that they both still zip and I am 8 1/2 months pregnant has me questioning if they actually fit as well as I thought they did before... Maybe I should be looking for something more fitted to add to the mix for next year!

TwinFoxes
02-12-2014, 11:06 AM
I have the longer version of this jacket. I like it quite a bit too. I was between sizes, and sized up to wear sweaters. It's probably not quite as flattering as it could be if it were more fitted, but I do like that it's so lightweight. It does not handle wind well, if it's a "wind chill" day, I wear something else.

Dream
02-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Too bad it doesn't have a hood. I really need a down jacket but with a hood.

SnuggleBuggles
02-12-2014, 01:00 PM
I had it briefly but returned it b/c I wanted a longer coat. In the store, I compared the parka version to the Everyday Down coat and the Everyday one was warmer and just had better finishes (there's a weird cuff seam on the Featherweight that bothered me!). The Featherweight was super warm though. Sleeves were strangely short. I originally had a small petite and the sleeves were a no go. (I had a real problem deciding on coats this year!)