PDA

View Full Version : Why are men just so stupid sometimes?????????

glbb35
02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
DH is such a child. I blamed the recent show of childish behavior on all the snow and blah days but honestly it is b/c he is a man! My mom called yesterday wanting to vent about my dad and I realized that DH is doing the same things. The thing my dad did was so completely stupid and he is a smart man! The same things were discussed at our Girls Morning Breakfast the other day were all complaining of. They just do some ridiculously stupid things! Sometimes I feel like I am married to a child. How is it he can go to work and do a great job there and praised for his hard work, work ethic, attention to detail and timeliness and then he comes home and is always late for things, lazy most of the time, does the typical "men" things (burping, farting etc)? He would never burp at the lunch table and laugh about it at work. Why is it ok at home? We are raising 5 boys he needs to be their biggest example and he is just another kid. At work he is scheduled on time for meetings and organized. He comes home and can never plan ahead to be anywhere on time with the kids, always forgetting things and it is driving me nuts! Can't you tell! Once a week he looses his keys, his wallet etc.. IT is ridiculous.

This morning in his short tempered and again, rushing out the door morning (b/c he did not take the recycles out last night but instead waits till he is "work dressed" which means he spends the time yelling at the kids to do it, who ultimately miss the bus). HE knows I had a FULL day planned today and he ends up taking my keys to work with his this morning. He actually takes both sets and then calls an hour later to ask me if it was really important for me to get out today. Ah, ya, we have a horrible snow storm happening this evening and I wanted to avoid the ride home time frame to go run across town so yes, it was important. Well not important enough for him to bring my keys home. I guess he guilty or lazy as he doesn't want to runt he errands we need ran on the way home he says, so he hired a limo company to pick me and the kids up for a few hours to run errands. I didn't find this humorous at all and quickly cancelled. So instead of him just running the errands on the way home and wants to shell out a few hundred dollars and then have me ride around in a limo with 3 kids under the age of 4 and run those errands. WTF? I am so pissed at him right now I can't see straight.

I honestly don't get it. When he is "on" he is on. When he is "off" which is a large majority if the time he is really "off"!. We both work, have a large family and a lot of responsibilities within the community we live in. our in public he is "on" at home he is always "off" and I am sick of being married to a child. I fault his mother and curse her name a lot these days! I work my a$$ off to raise my boys to be better than the example they are seeing. But I am being worked to death on this as their example does the complete opposite. The detail too... you can tell a boy to bring down the box of diapers that is upstairs in their room right in the middle of the floor (it could be the only thing in the floor and is a new box and large, too much to miss). It would take them 5 trips to bring down the right item. You tell a girl to get some diapers up in the room and that is all you have to do, they just do it!

right now I am listening to two kids fighting and the other one fighting to not have to take a nap. IT is going to start snowing here in the next few hours and we will then be stuck inside for at least a few days. DH won't run any errands on the way home but he will bring me my keys so I can do them and now I am so mad I can't see straight to get anything done!

GRRRR...

Wishing I drank b/c today would be a great day for something. :) thanks for letting me vent.

B

DS, 03, 06, twins 09, 11

Sweetsunshine
02-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Vent away my DH can be the same way sometimes! I admit I had a chuckle about the limo thing. Who does that?? I know how frustrating it is and totally empathize with you. Sorry he is being so dumb! Good luck with the storm.

doberbrat
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM
ugh! that would really tick me off. Could you get stuff delivered?? peapod etc? Its got to be cheaper than having limo service....

AshleyAnn
02-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Argh this self centered BS makes me remember how much I enjoy being a single mom. Its easier to just do it myself than expect the other adult to do it and be disappointed. Although nobody will ever hire a limo for me (that's annoying but at least its a limo not a taxi!)

I'd sit him down for a "we need to talk" moment. This behavior is not ok

bisous
02-13-2014, 04:15 PM
A limo, seriously? Can you hire a teenager to go to his work and get your keys instead? You sound crazy busy. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this in addition to your already very heavy work load!

jenmcadams
02-13-2014, 11:13 PM
...so he hired a limo company to pick me and the kids up for a few hours to run errands. I didn't find this humorous at all and quickly cancelled. So instead of him just running the errands on the way home and wants to shell out a few hundred dollars and then have me ride around in a limo with 3 kids under the age of 4 and run those errands. WTF? I am so pissed at him right now I can't see straight.

I laughed out loud...seriously sorry for finding humor in your B*TCH, but I could totally see my DH doing something like that.

petesgirl
02-14-2014, 01:48 AM
Vent away my DH can be the same way sometimes! I admit I had a chuckle about the limo thing. Who does that?? I know how frustrating it is and totally empathize with you. Sorry he is being so dumb! Good luck with the storm.

I too chuckled about the limo... That's hilarious. And about the box of diapers thing, too. My DH can never find things that are right in front of his own nose!

MamaInMarch
02-15-2014, 06:35 AM
This is apparent very early, too. My five year old DS can't find his shoes on the mat next to the door where we keep shoes. But my 2 year old DD can tell her brother where he left a toy his whining about being lost. I can also tell her "get your black boots" and she knows the 2 places they could be and finds them herself.

ellies mom
02-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Yep. I can relate. My husband is brilliant at work. Absolutely brilliant. But then he comes home and it is like he needs his hand held for the littlest thing. So infuriating.

Sometimes, I try to remember that as a nurse, I use up a lot of my "niceness" and empathy during the day and I don't always have much left over for the family and maybe it is the same way for him. But generally, since my empathy tank is running on fumes, I just don't care. I'm going to vent about it anyhow.

My sister and I joke that we married our dad because our husbands definitely have their moments.

hellokitty
02-16-2014, 08:52 PM
I can relate too, although my dh wouldn't have been creative enough to come up with the limo option, lol. My dh has a job that is rather stressful and detail oriented. He does great at work. He comes home and then basically his brain turns off. I blame mil a lot too. In many ways, I feel that being so inconsiderate has a lot to do with him being raised to be selfish. He's told me stuff before and my jaw just dropped. I'm lucky that he is nowhere as selfish as his mother, but he definitely has tendancies and reverts to being selfish if I don't remind him and yes, I blame her and yes, I'm doing my best to raise my boys to be more thoughtful and have some common sense, because I don't want my fdils blaming me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk