PDA

View Full Version : Pinterest Told Me To blardigan copycat!

goldenpig
02-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Hey y'all! Thought you'd get a kick out of my Pinterest Told Me To (http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/) blardigan copycat, since I first found out about it here in MomWear (thanks barkley1, Zukeypur and Melaine!)
This robe is so comfy, I've been living in it nonstop since I got it!

http://goldenpig.lookfab.com/post/wiw-24-pinterest-told-me-to-blardigan-copycat

Twoboos
02-13-2014, 11:01 AM
I have this in black and it really is like wearing a blanket! So cozy!

Of course now I want the ombre. Thanks a lot, enabler. ;)

PS - I'm going to have to rip both of you off and put together a similar outfit now!!

lovin2shop
02-13-2014, 11:11 AM
So cute! I actually ordered the Ombré from Nordstrom and they sent the wrong color. Bummed, really wanted it, but it is now out of stock in S/M!

Twoboos
02-13-2014, 11:15 AM
So cute! I actually ordered the Ombré from Nordstrom and they sent the wrong color. Bummed, really wanted it, but it is now out of stock in S/M!

Check again, I just added one to my cart… :innocent:

MelissaTC
02-13-2014, 11:15 AM
I have the ombré and I wear it every single day. Washed up perfectly as well. It has become my "house coat".

zukeypur
02-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Lemming, lol. I still haven't bought one. They NEVER go on sale. :(

joules
02-13-2014, 04:43 PM
I bought one for my mom for christmas. She decided she didn't really "need" it so I returned it for her. I didn't know it was so popular. I debated a long time about keeping it for myself. Now I wish I did!

TwinFoxes
02-13-2014, 04:54 PM
I have one too. I wore it on my recent flights. It was perfect. The perfect weight, warm, and über comfy. DDs cuddle up under it with me. I got the ombré which does help make it look less like a bathrobe.

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I have something that looks just like it. Yesterday I paired it with a more form fitting dress plus tights and boots. So comfy and felt good. Never thought of doing it with a dress before.

barkley1
02-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Cute post....love the ombré!

Tenasparkl
02-13-2014, 07:49 PM
I have the black shirt from her blog (and your outfit) and I love it. I ordered more colors. I just got the blardigan too!

zukeypur
02-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Has anyone found or seen one at the nordstrom rack? This sounds like the perfect attire for a looooong day in a cold hospital next Tuesday. I won't have time to have it shipped before then.

niccig
02-15-2014, 07:59 PM
I just showed DH the nordie pic and said I wanted it for Mother's Day...he wanted to know if it came with the bra and panties..sure DH if you want .... I want the black shirt too.

goldenpig
02-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Cool! I love having multiple BBB twins! I nominate this blardigan as the Anthro green cocoon poncho for 2014! ;)
LOL, Nicci!:wink2:
BTW I already have the same black Pleione shirt in white, hot pink and pony print too. It's great for hiding mommy tummy!

joules
02-16-2014, 05:14 AM
LOL. I just looked up the black Pleione shirt you guys are referring to. I also bought that for my mom for christmas, but I got it in a deep purple. I might have to get one for myself too. It looks really nice on! She kept that one.

GP, I always love your outfits and posts!

Melaine
02-16-2014, 07:51 AM
You are too funny! love your copycat look. I got the black blardigan on ebay and I do really love it, especially at the bargain price. I do wish I had gotten the ombre....I feel like it looks a little more put together for out of the house wear. I definitely need another one. I have worn it way too much. There are some good deals on ebay if anyone is hesitating over the price. I have been checking her blog several times a week, I love it. Unfortunately we don't have a Nordstrom so I haven't been able to check any of her items out in person. I really want the Callisto Tiara wedges she picked as a summer must have. I am kind of looking for a deal on those.

MamaMolly
02-16-2014, 10:08 AM
I want to be a lemming! Cute and fab? Sign me up!

Momit
02-16-2014, 01:58 PM
I love these wraps too! I bought two of them during the Gifting Grace madness a couple of years ago. Also copying your copied outfit, GoldenPig! :)

mikala
02-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Ooh, this is dangerous. I've held off on the blardigan so far but I'm tempted because it seems perfect for the winter that will never end.

I caved on the tangerine shoes she just posted.
http://m.nordstrom.com/Product/Details/3701753?categoryid=null

The post: http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/2014/02/spring-shoes-101-dont-worry-im-here-for.html

mikala
02-17-2014, 12:13 AM
For those with the pleione blouse, how does it wash? One of the reviews said it requires ironing and recommended dry cleaning. Ds2 seems to think I'm a human napkin so I'm strictly buying easy wash items right now.

nupe
02-17-2014, 12:30 AM
Um this never happens, but I've been sporting the Blardigan look and never even knew it! Mine is tan/brown/pinkymauveish ombre from last year or the year before by Prana. Great with denim or tan jeans. Or the brown jeggings from Costco!

It looks like this: http://www.rockcreek.com/prana/gabby-duster-womens/27068.rc#.

wendibird22
02-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Any thoughts on how the blardigan would fit on the vertically challenged? I'm 5'2" on a good self-esteem day.

TwinFoxes
02-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Any thoughts on how the blardigan would fit on the vertically challenged? I'm 5'2" on a good self-esteem day.

I'm tall, so take my opinion with that in mind, I think it wouldn't look so cute. I'd think it's hit you below your knees and cut you off.

BigDog
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Um this never happens, but I've been sporting the Blardigan look and never even knew it! Mine is tan/brown/pinkymauveish ombre from last year or the year before by Prana. Great with denim or tan jeans. Or the brown jeggings from Costco!

It looks like this: http://www.rockcreek.com/prana/gabby-duster-womens/27068.rc#.

I have this one too. I got it 2 years ago from REI and it was a staple last year during my pregnancy. Mine is black and grey ombré. I wear it with leggings and boots. It's pretty heavy though so it gets warm when I'm inside, and I never can find the right shirt to wear under it. When I was pregnant it was easier because all my maternity tops were longer so I didn't have to worry when I took it off, my legging'd butt was still covered.

lovin2shop
02-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Wendibird, the height issue is making me hold off on ordering this again. I'm 5"3 and it was quite long on me. Still tempted to reorder in the ombré, but I'm unsure because of the length. Wish I took pictures before sending the other one back!

goldenpig
02-17-2014, 11:56 AM

I'm only 5'5", so I'm not tall myself. I think one of the members on the other forum said she tried it on but didn't buy it because she thought it was too long. I don't know how tall she is, but maybe 5'1" or 5'2"?

Melaine
02-17-2014, 12:10 PM
I am 5'5.5" on a good day and I feel like it is almost too long on me. I am wondering if it stretched a bit...I think I hung it to dry. Next time I will dryer it or flat dry. I wonder if the one mile cardigan might be worth trying if you are more petite. http://www.whatshebuys.com/brands-barefoot-dreams-barefoot-lite.html Not the same look, but the same cozy fabric.

wendibird22
02-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Talking me out of a $90 blardigan is a good thing. Keep 'em coming ladies.

So, to totally hijack, what color in this wrap would be a good versatile color? I have enough "toppers" in black and grey so I'm staying away from the standard "neutrals." I envision mostly wearing this to work (pants are mostly black, grey, chocolate, camel, navy, with a pair of teal and a pair of fuschia) or with dark denim on the weekend. I tend to look best in jewel toned tops. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3113609?origin=related-3113609-2375500-1-1-home_page.HP-RR

goldenpig
02-17-2014, 01:03 PM

So, to totally hijack, what color in this wrap would be a good versatile color? I have enough "toppers" in black and grey so I'm staying away from the standard "neutrals." I envision mostly wearing this to work (pants are mostly black, grey, chocolate, camel, navy, with a pair of teal and a pair of fuschia) or with dark denim on the weekend. I tend to look best in jewel toned tops. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bobeau-asymmetrical-fleece-wrap-cardigan-regular-petite/3113609?origin=related-3113609-2375500-1-1-home_page.HP-RR

I would go with the Heather Creekside.

nupe
02-17-2014, 01:13 PM
I have this one too. I got it 2 years ago from REI and it was a staple last year during my pregnancy. Mine is black and grey ombré. I wear it with leggings and boots. It's pretty heavy though so it gets warm when I'm inside, and I never can find the right shirt to wear under it. When I was pregnant it was easier because all my maternity tops were longer so I didn't have to worry when I took it off, my legging'd butt was still covered.

I think I got mine from REI.com too! I'm 5'3" and I think the length of this one works great for me!

nupe
02-17-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm 5'3" and I think the prana one works find on me, not sure how it compares to the nordies one.

echoesofspring
02-17-2014, 04:39 PM

Wendibird I'm 5'2" and I tried on the Bobeau when it first came out last year and didn't care for it on me, but my mom who's even shorter bought one this season and loves it. So I tried it on again over xmas, still no go - I think it has to do more with my chest size (still nursing) than actual height, fwiw. (other than that, my mom and I are fairly similarly proportioned)

TwinFoxes
02-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm 5'3" and I think the prana one works find on me, not sure how it compares to the nordies one.

Just looking at the picture, the Prana one looks quite a bit shorter. The Nordstrom's version almost hits my knees in the front. So Wendibird, that might be a better option.

BigDog
02-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to chime in to say I picked up the Pleione shirt at Nordstrom Rack today. I got it in black but they had other colors as well. It was $29.97.

tarnator
02-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the reminder that I own the blardigan from the Gifting Grace sale!
I forget about it because it doesn't fit under my coats. I don't like it hanging out below it. I think that I will pull it out tomorrow and try again... :)

niccig
02-19-2014, 02:51 AM
Just wanted to chime in to say I picked up the Pleione shirt at Nordstrom Rack today. I got it in black but they had other colors as well. It was $29.97.

Thank you...I'm stopping at the Rack tomorrow..I want it in black. What does the tag say, to help me ID the correct shirt?

BigDog
02-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Thank you...I'm stopping at the Rack tomorrow..I want it in black. What does the tag say, to help me ID the correct shirt?

Just checked the tag and there's nothing to help identify the shirt like a style name or number. Tag simply says Pleione, and the NR tag has a barcode with the price. Sorry it isn't more descriptive!

*newmomma*
02-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I got one at the Rack today too! The only difference I can see is that it doesn't have a pocket on the front. The tag has the number: WBS55891RK and Dept 164 compare at price $68, $29.97

Sooo cute! The front is a slightly different material than the back, which feels like a super soft cotton (but is really a rayon/spandex mix).

citymama
02-20-2014, 02:32 PM
I did not understand a word of that post title. But I want to know what language you guys are talking!

NCGrandma
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
I did not understand a word of that post title. But I want to know what language you guys are talking!

Thank you -- I thought it was just me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tenasparkl
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
I got one at the Rack today too! The only difference I can see is that it doesn't have a pocket on the front. The tag has the number: WBS55891RK and Dept 164 compare at price $68, $29.97

Sooo cute! The front is a slightly different material than the back, which feels like a super soft cotton (but is really a rayon/spandex mix).

I bought both the Nordstrom Rack and Nordstrom versions of this shirt and like both, but found that the NR version is a little more fitted and the Nord version is more oversized along with some other small differences. I like them enough to keep both.

Melaine
02-21-2014, 08:18 AM
A few colors of the shirt on clearance http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pleione-mixed-media-roll-sleeve-top-regular-petite/3712549?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Grey%20Rabbit&resultback=267&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_B&siteId=QFGLnEolOWg-ujfV4Q.WgWrJsI5OVoLHjw

yes, I follow PTMT on facebook!

wendibird22
03-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Just wanted to update that I receive the Bobeau wrap last week and I love it. I wore it last week w jeans for a long car commute for a work project and am wearing again today in the office with dress pants and ballet flats. I like it equally opened and buttoned. The material is so so soft that I can't stop touching it. Sweatshirt material in the inside but the yummiest smoothest feel on the outside too. I machine washed and lined dried and it worked great. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/03/pu8ema5u.jpg

I went with a petite med because reviews said the arms were narrow. I'm usual a sm or sz 6 on top. Definitely doesn't cover the butt fully so not something to wear with leggings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ang79
03-05-2014, 05:42 PM
I machine washed and lined dried and it worked great.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got one of these very gently used from Ebay for $24 :) Didn't want to splurge for a brand new one but wanted to try it out. It just came today and there is some very slight pilling but it is super soft and cozy. Mine says dry clean only though, did yours say hand wash or dry clean? I hate paying to dry clean stuff, so don't own many dry clean items and wouldn't have bought had I known it was supposed to be dry cleaned :( Mine is the taupey brown color, not my first pic for color (love the blue you have in the pic!), but I just wanted to try it out.

wendibird22
03-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Mine says hand wash and dry flat. I chose to machine wash gentle. No way I have the patience to hand wash something that size and thickness.

ang79
03-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Mine says hand wash and dry flat. I chose to machine wash gentle. No way I have the patience to hand wash something that size and thickness.

If you have time, could you let me know the fabric yours is made of? Mine says 68% polyester, 27% rayon, 5% spandex. Just curious if yours is same/similar and if I could get away with doing a handwash cycle on my front loader and air dry flat, or if it truly should be dry cleaned. I don't want to ruin it experimenting, as I do like it and its super cozy!

wendibird22
03-12-2014, 07:24 AM
If you have time, could you let me know the fabric yours is made of? Mine says 68% polyester, 27% rayon, 5% spandex. Just curious if yours is same/similar and if I could get away with doing a handwash cycle on my front loader and air dry flat, or if it truly should be dry cleaned. I don't want to ruin it experimenting, as I do like it and its super cozy!

Mine is 63% poly, 34% rayon, 3% spandex. I'd say that's close enough. The tag says hand wash, line dry, cool iron. IIRC there were a few questions posted on Nordstrom's page asking about cleaning because some said dry clean and others didn't. I think the Nordstrom response was that hand wash was ok.

ang79
03-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks Wendibird! I'll give it a try and hopefully it will all turn out good. I know I'll wear it more if I don't have to worry about always dry cleaning it!

mjmamma
03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
GP, I love that Lucite pendant! I need a cheaper copycat of that..

mom2binsd
04-21-2014, 09:10 PM
I got dark gray in petite small, it's perfect, I'm 4'11" and now wear a small in most tops. I love it and may get another color. Thanks for enabling me wendibird!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2