PDA

View Full Version : When open 2015 calendar? Big changes sine Fall 2011?

belovedgandp
02-13-2014, 03:03 PM
I am beginning to plot our trip that will most likely be the first week of February 2015. When does the rate calendar open for then?

If I start signing in on the website and poking around does that increase the odds that I'll get a pin code? Do they still do those? Other ways to get discounts? When I did this before I got a decent discount on the room and booked it then free dining was offered and I easily changed the reservation.

We last went in November 2011. That was with four of us. This time we will be a family of five (kids will be 11, 7 1/2, and almost 5). This is totally changing the rooms I look at. We are go-go, there to see Disney people. We've stayed at Value resorts twice and been fine - All Start Sports and honestly one of the others, don't remember.

Complicating matters is that we may also be doing this with Brother, SIL and two kids (5 and 4) and maybe one set of grandparents. No idea on handling that mess.

Looking for any and all suggestions. I don't want to get sucked in too badly yet. I might scare off grandma or SIL, but want to make informed decisions.

acmom
02-13-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't have answers for you but I will be watching this thread! We are planning a trip with DH's family around the same time. Do you have any ideas on where you will stay yet? We are trying to figure out what the best options are...all separate rooms, suites, DVC points, etc.

brittone2
02-13-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure if I can be of any help, but we were just there Feb 3-10 for our first family trip. We had stay, play, dine rates while there, so adults were basically kid prices for the dining plan and park tickets. We stayed at POR, which is a mod that can accommodate a family of 5. We booked a preferred room (merely an improved location vs. upgraded amenities in the room) to decrease the walk to the food court, etc. We didn't plan our trip until this past October. Despite poking around, calling once or twice, etc. we never received a PIN. There was a room only discount running at the same time, but when we crunched numbers, stay/play/dine worked best for us. There was no free dining during my week this year (without a PIN).

eta: we booked before stay, play, dine was official, but it was rumored. TA changed everything for us without any issue.

candaceb
02-13-2014, 08:01 PM
I ordered the planning DVD and have gotten several pin codes since then.

KrisM
02-13-2014, 10:15 PM
I ordered, and received the planning DVD. I called. I played around online. I never got a pin. My mom made an account for some reason years ago and gets pins every few months. Drives me batty.

klwa
02-17-2014, 07:46 AM
I think they usually release the rates for the next year in August or so.