PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

AshleyAnn
02-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Did anyone else experience the earthquake that just hit SC? Local news say it hit Edgefield, SC and was either a 5.4 or a 4.5 depending which news station you follow. The news says people reported it as far north as NC and south as FL. I have a lot of friends in GA who felt it too.

I'm an hour north of the town hit and felt it. I didn't know what it was at first as it wasn't all that strong, I was laying on the couch and thought it was my cat scratching herself until I remembered she's outside and saw the Christmas tree shaking (don't judge me) and realized in 3 years I've never had anything shake in my house.

GvilleGirl
02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
I felt it, but I'm near you. I thought it was my dog jumping out of bed until I realized I no longer have a 100 lb dog. I thought I was imagining it until I saw others on facebook.

JBaxter
02-15-2014, 12:50 AM
We felt it. Last report here they said 4.1

StantonHyde
02-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Wow--if you have never felt one, it is something else. When I lived in LA, I would be driving along and would pull over because I thought I had a flat tire. Look up--realize that everybody else is pulled over too. "oh, earthquake". Drive off...... Or you would be sitting in a tall building and see the water in glasses would be rippling--hmmm.

BDKmom
02-15-2014, 01:20 AM
We felt it. DH and I were out to dinner. Bruno Mars came on the restaurant radio and I started bopping along (don't judge me:), and DH asked if I bumped the table and I said yes. Then I checked Facebook and everyone was talking about the earthquake. I have been in the Atlanta area for 14 years and this is the 3rd one I have experienced. Following the basically back to back winter storms, it's just capping off a weird couple of weeks, for sure.