PDA

View Full Version : Getting dry erase marker out of clothing

elbert
02-15-2014, 02:13 PM
In first grade, DD uses dry erase markers all the time and multiple times a week, comes home with dry erase marker on the right thigh of her pants. Exact same spot each time.

Any ideas on how to get dry erase marker out of clothing? I've taken to just having her wear pants with dry erase stains on them to school, but would love to figure out something that gets it out. I'm not a "laundry" person...but I'm guessing some of you have some magical tips!

jren
02-15-2014, 02:57 PM
I've never been able to get it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerigirl
02-16-2014, 03:04 AM
you might try rubbing alcohol but if you have already washed and dried the pants, it is mostly likely set in.

zukeypur
02-16-2014, 11:02 AM
I've never gotten it out of anything. I only allow washable EXPO at home. Maybe you could drop a note to the teacher and let her know that it's becoming a problem.

packwoodsandy
02-25-2014, 11:00 PM
I've never had any luck either. DD got dry erase marker on a white top one. I thought it would be a breeze with a bleach pen...nope...didn't budge. Grrr.

Thatchermom
02-26-2014, 02:19 AM
Somebody told me a few years ago to rub Murphy's Oil Soap on it. I figured it was already ruined so I would try. Came right out!!! Since then has become an unlikely part of my stain removing arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukeypur
02-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Good to know!