PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Your iphone 5s case

mommylamb
02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
I finally got myself to a Verizon store and traded in my old 4s for the 5s. Now I need to get a case. I need a case that an withstand some abuse because the kids often get my phone. I had an otterbox defender with my 4s. It was a good case in that it protected my iphone well. I didn't really mind that it was bulky, or at least I thought that was a good trade for the protection. The only complaint I have is that the rubber got a bit stretched out and I had to get otterbox to replace it after about a year (which they did without a problem) and it was just starting to get stretched out a bit again on the second case when I traded in the phone. Any other heavy duty cases out there that folks here think I should consider? Or should I just get another otterbox defender?

TwoBees
02-15-2014, 03:33 PM
I have a Lifeproof Fre case for my iPhone 5 and I'm really happy with it. It's a little bulkier than the Speck Candyshell that I had previously, but it isn't heavy.

I think Speck now makes a Candyshell that covers the screen, so that might be another option.

larig
02-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Oooh, how do you like the fingerprint thingy? (ETA: my 5 goes naked).

JJJJ
02-15-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm using (*)Speck candyshell case for iPhone5 and love it. I recently saw it 50-40% less than retail (I originally purchased from AT&T store) at TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack.

mommylamb
02-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Oooh, how do you like the fingerprint thingy? (ETA: my 5 goes naked).

I'm a bit of an idiot but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)