PDA

View Full Version : I got some Parent Homework. What do you think? **(pictures attached)**

Corie
02-16-2014, 01:39 PM
My daughter came home from school on Thursday and she handed me a paper. Apparently,
all the parents had been assigned homework.

We were given a really bad copy of a $100 dollar bill. See picture.

The teachers are going to hang these dollar bills in the hallway at school. We have to design the dollar bills to describe the special
qualities of our child.

I want to make sure that my daughter's $100 dollar bill really grabs your attention!! :) So, here is what I came up with-

Staraglimmer
02-16-2014, 01:43 PM
That is really cute! The only think I could think to add Gould be glitter or scrapbook stickers, but it really looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy
02-16-2014, 01:58 PM
That is really cute!!

larig
02-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Corie, I'd love money that color! Looks super cute, and your daughter will be so proud to read those things about herself too. :cheerleader1:

okinawama
02-16-2014, 02:14 PM
That is stinkin adorable! However, my heart is already breaking for those children who have parents that are unable or unwilling to create something as wonderful as yours. I hope the teacher has really thought the project through...

♥ms.pacman♥
02-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Corie, I'd love money that color! Looks super cute, and your daughter will be so proud to read those things about herself too. :cheerleader1:
Yeah that!!! Love it!!

StantonHyde
02-16-2014, 02:17 PM
If I ever get homework I will be contacting corie for help!!

Corie
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
If I ever get homework I will be contacting corie for help!!

Put me on your speed dial! I LOVE doing creative stuff like this!

StantonHyde
02-16-2014, 05:56 PM
You are awesome--seriously, my poor kid would be stuck with something not so creative ;) Fortunately, they are usually just so happy that their mom participated!! I have simply set the bar low and thus I can almost always succeed in their eyes...:rotflmao:

TwinFoxes
02-16-2014, 06:07 PM
That's gorgeous. Is that ric rac around the edges?

You are awesome--seriously, my poor kid would be stuck with something not so creative ;) Fortunately, they are usually just so happy that their mom participated!! I have simply set the bar low and thus I can almost always succeed in their eyes...:rotflmao:

:yeahthat: "Not so creative" doesn't even come close to describing the mess I'd send in. I'm sure I'd get a note back saying "I think there was a misunderstanding, the parents were supposed to do this, not the student".

StantonHyde
02-16-2014, 06:30 PM
o. I'm sure I'd get a note back saying "I think there was a misunderstanding, the parents were supposed to do this, not the student".

At least if I help my kids with projects, nobody is going to think I gave them an unfair advantage!!!

maestramommy
02-16-2014, 07:01 PM

LOL. Actually my first thought was whether this was a trick assignment to ferret out whose parents are helping with their projects!

Corie
02-16-2014, 07:35 PM

Yes! DD and I were at a really awesome fabric store yesterday and I picked up some ric rac. I LOVE ric rac!

Pennylane
02-16-2014, 07:40 PM
Adorable and totally eye catching!

Ann

Corie
02-16-2014, 07:45 PM

Yes! DD and I were at a really awesome fabric store yesterday and I picked up some ric rac. I LOVE ric rac!

Momit
02-16-2014, 08:29 PM

:yeahthat: "Not so creative" doesn't even come close to describing the mess I'd send in. I'm sure I'd get a note back saying "I think there was a misunderstanding, the parents were supposed to do this, not the student".

:yeahthat: if it doesn't come in a kit from Michael's, it's not happening in our house.

Corie
02-16-2014, 08:39 PM
LOL. Actually my first thought was whether this was a trick assignment to ferret out whose parents are helping with their projects!

Nope, not a trick. The assignment came home with a letter addressed to the parents explaining the assignment.

Corie
02-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Fortunately, they are usually just so happy that their mom participated!!

I agree!! :)