PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss the gold med ceremony for Charlie and Meryl?

Nooknookmom
02-18-2014, 01:48 AM
I forget when they do medals.....I love to hear our anthem.

PZMommy
02-18-2014, 01:57 AM
The ceremony is the following day from winning. They won this morning US time, so they may be showing tonight after the coverage as it is morning in Sochi, or else I am sure they will show it tomorrow night. I'm anxious to see it. I've watched them since they were novice level skaters, and am so thrilled for them!!

squimp
02-18-2014, 02:07 AM
You may want to remove the spoiler, those of us on the West Coast haven't seen it yet!

PZMommy
02-18-2014, 02:21 AM
I'm on the West Coast, but it all airs live in the morning. NBC just re plays some of the top programs at night. In the morning they show every skater.

Nooknookmom
02-18-2014, 02:22 AM
Oops...I didn't know how it aired and I have been working ALL day...so I don't keep track!

How do I remove it??

Eta: I haven't been home really all week due to work travel so I have been looking up standings and DH happened to tell me this info today bc thanks to the 8 shots I just had in my spine I am dead tired....

EYA again: I'm stupid....they just showed the competition here on west coast.

SORRY - again...

Seitvonzu
02-18-2014, 10:23 AM
i watched last night (after being spoiled on the results , thanks NPR) and was so disappointed that they didn't show the medal ceremony-- instead they got flowers. i thought the whole thing so weird and anticlimatic that i had to google it! imagine being the athlete's....boo sochi!

PZMommy
02-18-2014, 10:32 AM
They will show it. The medal ceremonies take place the following day, so it took place in the middle of the night for us.

mom2binsd
02-18-2014, 10:33 AM
They do a flower ceremony immediately after and then a medal ceremony at a more publicly accessible location later, usually that night.

As for spoilers, honestly, it played live all day with multiple replays on social media/news feeds and if by 10pm when it finally aired on NBC if you hadn't seen the results you must not have turned on any type of media, OP don't feel bad.

MMMommy
02-18-2014, 10:40 AM
OP, to remove the spoiler from your thread title, just edit your post, click on go advanced, and change the title of your thread.

PZMommy
02-18-2014, 11:02 PM
They are going to show it tonight on the NBC coverage if you haven't seen it online yet.

Nooknookmom
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
They do a flower ceremony immediately after and then a medal ceremony at a more publicly accessible location later, usually that night.

As for spoilers, honestly, it played live all day with multiple replays on social media/news feeds and if by 10pm when it finally aired on NBC if you hadn't seen the results you must not have turned on any type of media, OP don't feel bad.

Thank you! I felt like a heel...I just assumed the same, that if u pop on the computer u see too much!

I did FINALLY see it last night - at like 11:30 PT. and my 6 yo who was still up (she has been sick not her normal bt) was like "Geesh mom STOP singing!"