PDA

View Full Version : Surprised at lack of emails

KrisM
02-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Is this normal? Since we booked in August, I've gotten very few emails. I got one confirming my reservation, a few confirming dining reservations, and 1 telling me I could make fastpass+ selections. I find this really odd - I'm surprised they don't send emails about all the extras that would cause me to spend money! Or just suggestions for things to do. Or even a reminder that my final payment is due today!

hillview
02-18-2014, 08:21 AM
a few years ago this was my experience as well. Odd

egoldber
02-18-2014, 08:46 AM
I think this is normal.

When you approach your trip, you'll start getting reminders about dining reservations in case you want to change them.

KrisM
02-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Glad it's normal and I'm not missing anything. My mom was looking into a trip a few years ago, but hasn't been since 1987, gets all sorts of emails. Telling her about Fastpass, suggesting resorts, special pricing including PINs, etc.

lalasmama
02-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Glad it's normal and I'm not missing anything. My mom was looking into a trip a few years ago, but hasn't been since 1987, gets all sorts of emails. Telling her about Fastpass, suggesting resorts, special pricing including PINs, etc.

That's because they don't have her money yet. They already know they have you, so no need to go all-out to woo you!

KrisM
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
That's because they don't have her money yet. They already know they have you, so no need to go all-out to woo you!

At this point, yes. But I first got the planning DVD in 2011. Never got any emails or PINs and I didn't book until August 2013. I do get emails telling me to enjoy my stay at the Wilderness Cabins...sounds great, but we are booked at POR!

ETA: Until today, they also only had $200. I still am surprised there is no reminder to pay the other $2800!

WatchingThemGrow
02-18-2014, 10:28 PM
Did you get an Incredibles thing in the mail? I got 2 last week, which made me realize I had 2 confirmation numbers...yikes. One dropped off unpaid, since then.

KrisM
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Did you get an Incredibles thing in the mail? I got 2 last week, which made me realize I had 2 confirmation numbers...yikes. One dropped off unpaid, since then.

You know, I think we might have. Wonder where it is. We got something a day or so before Christmas and I didn't do anything with it. Off to find it.