PDA

View Full Version : Nice gift for 7yo DD

maylips
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
DD will turn 7 early next month and I would love some ideas on what to get her. She's not the type to ask for a ton of stuff, nor does she have any concept of what things cost. Most of what she's asked for are in the $20 range but I'm wondering if there is something your daughters love and play with a lot that she doesn't even know about.

She has an AG doll (Caroline) that gets some love but not much (she has some clothes to play with but not any accessories - would those help?). Also has a bike, basketball goal and roller skates. My son received some magnatiles for Christmas that they fight over, so I'll probably add to that collection, but that would be a gift from my parents.

Any ideas?

Twoboos
02-18-2014, 06:46 PM
DDs both loved making their own piece of clothing from Fashion Playtes. DD1 made a tshirt and DD2 made a scarf. The quality seems pretty good, DD2 now wears DD1's shirt!

fashioplaytes.com

elektra
02-18-2014, 07:18 PM
I need the same thing.
DD does not have an American Girl doll though, so maybe I will cave. She just does not love dolls though!

She told me she wants a magic set, so I'll be looking into that. She also likes crafty things. She maybe a design-you-own something or other.
That fashionplaytes thing looks cool.

KpbS
02-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Rainbow loom/new bands? Pets for the AG doll? Clothes? Tickets to a fun show? Books?

KrisM
02-19-2014, 08:36 AM
DD plays with the AG accessories much more than clothes. She likes the hair styling chair, table/chairs, horse, and wheel chair a lot.

hillview
02-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Does she like to pick out her own clothes? DS2 LOVES to get a trip to Target or Nordstroms to pick our some shirts etc. and then lunch. It makes a fun day. Also my boys both love a day with a parent to do what you want to do (bowling, lunch, make a craft, hit a book store, get some clothes or shoes etc).

maylips
02-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Thanks all. That Fashion Playtes looks interesting...and good timing, as they are going to quit selling design-your-own clothes at the end of March. DD loves to pick out clothes but *ahem* has questionable style so I hate giving her too many options!

Electra, DD got an AG doll last year, complete with a stay in the hotel, etc. Pretty sure the indoor pool was still her favorite! She likes her because other girls her age have them so she can say she does too, but it definitely does not get the love like some of her classmates' dolls.