PDA

View Full Version : Agh! Lice! Thank heavens for y'all and the search function

anonomom
02-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Ugh, I am already having the week from you-know-where, and DD2's head started itching two nights ago. I asked her ped about it today and he thought he saw nits in her hair. Bought a comb, wet her down, started combing and almost fainted. There. Are. Bugs. They match her hair color exactly so were totally invisible. I am so skeeved out right now.

I'm taking the whole menagerie in to the treatment center today. (I'd never have known such services existed without the BBB!) I texted a friend and apparently there's been a huge lice outbreak in DD1's grade. Wish the school would have mentioned it!

cagey
02-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Good luck! And don't be too hard on yourself for not knowing -- our first outbreak was exactly the same. No notice from school despite that "they ebb and flow and always reoccur after thanksgiving for some reason"

The positive is the training you've now gained and can quickly squash a future outbreak--I've found a few live ones now and then on the kids and luckily caught before any eggs were laid.

good luck, and have patience!!

MamaMolly
02-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Oh dear. This always makes me itchy. Be glad you found them!

Percycat
02-20-2014, 05:41 PM
We just went to our lice salon for DD about three weeks ago. They told me that the expenses would most likely be elibigle by our health savings account. If you have this type of account, check your requirements for documentation.

ilfaith
02-20-2014, 09:34 PM
I could have written your exact post this week.

Yesterday DS2 was sent home from school with lice...not jut nits, but real creepy crawly bug in his hair. I made an appointment with our local nit picker, and brought all the boys over this afternoon. Of course the lice had spread and nits were found in all there boys...and my hair as well. I should have know it was coming. DS2 and DS3 frequently share a bed. Then DS2 shared a sleeping bag with DS1 on their scout camping trip this past weekend. Meanwhile, with DH away camping, I let DS3 spend two nights in my bed. DH is out of town for work, but I am going to check his hair when he returns. Fortunately, he doesn't have much to go through.

The women at FreshHeads were so nice...I told them while I thought they were lovely I hoped to never see the again. And we were able to use our Flex account to pay. Which is nice, since the cost for the four of us came to nearly $600 (with the preventative shampoo and leave-in conditioner I purchased). I suppose with there boys, it would have been much cheaper to just have shaved their heads.