PDA

View Full Version : Flying with car seat….Can a Britax Roundabout fit in the seat?

sewarsh
02-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Flying on Saturday and bringing our Britax Roundabout. We've never flown with a car seat. DS is 2 and will have his own seat.

Couple questions:;
- Will Roundabout fit?
- How do you connect it to the seat? Just put the lap belt around it?

Thanks and sorry for dump question!! :)

vonfirmath
02-20-2014, 11:08 PM
The Roundabout50 certainly DOES fit in the seat, RFing and FFing. (I've done it) You connect it through the seatbelt path, yes. If you can get a seatbelt extender, it will help possible problems with getting the car seat uninstalled at the end of the flight.

jerseygirl07067
02-20-2014, 11:12 PM
Yes, it fits. IIRC I even fit my Marathon too, as when we traveled to NJ when the kids were really little we had a Marathon and a Roundabout we brought with us on the plane.

HannaAddict
02-21-2014, 12:18 AM
It fits easily. A large Frontier will fit too. We usually fly with a Marathon vs Boulevard, but all fit.

Mommy_Mea
02-21-2014, 06:59 AM
We have traveled with a Roundabout on Southwest and it installed easily RF and FF...

vonfirmath
02-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, it fits. IIRC I even fit my Marathon too, as when we traveled to NJ when the kids were really little we had a Marathon and a Roundabout we brought with us on the plane.

The Britax Roundabout50 is the same seat as the Britax Marathon (Shell wise). I have used both on airplanes, no problem.

BabyBearsMom
02-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Not sure about the RA but I have installed the marathon before. No problem

lizzywednesday
02-21-2014, 10:39 AM
We have successfully installed DD's Britax Boulevard70 on two flights with no problem; FF three times and RF once. I asked for the seatbelt extender but didn't find I needed it.

DD, on the other hand, was a different story.

I would highly recommend offering to buy the folks in front of your DS a drink as a preemptive apology for any kicking or recline issues having a carseat installed behind them might cause.