PDA

View Full Version : DH cry me a river

ray7694
02-21-2014, 11:18 AM
My dd started vomiting last night so my dh plans with his friends today are canceled. I know he was looking forward to it. Seriously cry me a river. It is not the end of the world but he acts like it. I am more worried about her getting better for her two birthday parties she is hosting this weekend.

Can your husband handle when his plans get cancelled?

dhano923
02-21-2014, 12:20 PM
This may not be what you want to hear, but I don't expect DH to cancel his plans if I'm available and he has plans, and vice versa. If DH was planning a weekend trip somewhere three hours away, yes, but if it was just a day of golf with the boys locally, I would tell him to go and that I would call him if I really needed help. There have been times where the kids are sick and he's offered to stay home, or I offer to stay home, but we also both try to encourage the other to go out because sometimes the plans have been in place for ever, or they are with someone we haven't seen in a while. Of course, if the situation is really bad, we would cancel. Just for a stomach bug, probably not.

ray7694
02-21-2014, 12:21 PM
I work full time and it is dh day off so I am at work.

KpbS
02-21-2014, 02:08 PM
One day of canceled plans does stink but unless the friends are visiting from out of town and ONLY available on this day for whatever reason, no, I don't think it is a big deal. Some people don't handle disappointment well and some people just like to complain, regardless of the outcome.

Sorry your DD is sick and hope she feels much better soon!

dhano923
02-22-2014, 02:35 AM
I work full time and it is dh day off so I am at work.

That changes my answer completely! You shouldn't be expected to take off when he's already off!

elephantmeg
02-22-2014, 09:36 PM
DH had to stay home with DD on fri too since she was vomiting and I was at work and couldn't leave. At least he didn't have plans!

twowhat?
02-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the world of having kids. Suck it up, man! LOL. Sorry, I'm sure that's very frustrating for you.

sweetsue98
02-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the world of having kids. Suck it up, man! LOL. Sorry, I'm sure that's very frustrating for you.

You said exactly what was on my mind!

BunnyBee
02-23-2014, 12:04 AM
My DH might better than I do, but he has contact with the outside world on a regular basis. There was a 6 month stretch three years ago where every single time I made plans to leave the house to do something for me, a kid would get sick. Haircuts, doctor appointments, coffee with friends, the dentist... I'm quite sure I had one good cry fit over just wanting to get my teeth cleaned. I hate going to the dentist!

Hope your DD is feeling better.