PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on this Dress?

StantonHyde
02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
So I ordered this dress from LE in mint spritz. I like the pattern and color. Except--the pattern does not match along the front seam. It is right in the middle, the length of the dress. Maybe that is not such a big deal anymore??

http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-sleeveless-pattern-ponte-welt-pocket-dress/id_257598?sku_0=::OJN

My other issue is that I have to wear a sweater or a jacket with it. Can't wear sleeveless at work due to dress code, not to mention that I will freeze with the AC in my office. I ordered the LE dress cardigan in yellow and mint. The yellow does not work for me (I am blonde and need colors with a blue base tone. Yellow, brown, etc just makes me look awful.) The mint is ok for the color but the sweater is not that attractive. I suppose I could order in the 10-12 size but I wear a 12-14 in jackets/sweaters and am not usually comfortable in the smaller size.
http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-34-sleeve-fine-gauge-supima-dress-cardigan/id_250075_59

So I thought I would try ordering the cardigan that you see modeled with the dress above (if you click the mint spritz dress)--but if I do that, what color would you pick given that I don't know the yellow would work on me????
http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-fine-gauge-supima-crew-cardigan/id_234741_59

Or do I just bag it and find something else!!! Thanks!!!!

rin
02-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Well, I love the dress BUT the pattern not matching along the front seam would drive me crazy. I expect things like that from clothing from places like Forever 21, not at the price point of Lands End.

I would probably go for a grey or maybe the mushroom colored cardigan, but most of my clothing is neutral so I might not be the person to ask!

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2014, 01:59 PM
I love that dress too but that will not lining up...I couldn't buy it. I've seen it in person too and immediately drawn to it but they all are just off right down the center. I would pass on the dress.

StantonHyde
02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
That's just it. It is a lovely quality fabric etc. Why put the seam there? Not having it match just looks bad to me. sigh.

echoesofspring
02-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, I love the dress BUT the pattern not matching along the front seam would drive me crazy. I expect things like that from clothing from places like Forever 21, not at the price point of Lands End.

This. By not lining up the pattern it makes it look cheaply made, too bad, but it looks like it could be a really cute dress. If I bought it I would silently curse that seam everytime I saw it, I would pass.

mikala
02-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I would pass too.

MamaMolly
02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Add me to the group where the non matching seam would make me bananas. I would skip the dress.

ourbabygirl
02-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Yeah, that would bother me, too (sorry)! :thumbsdown: It even looks like the patterns don't match up along the seam in the picture on the model on their site. Cute dress. but you could probably do better (especially if you need a sweater with it and don't like the colors that would work with it).

StantonHyde
02-21-2014, 04:42 PM
ok, thanks everybody. I thought maybe I was being too picky, but I agree with everybody who said the mismatched seam would drive them bonkers every time they put on the dress! And I am the least OCD person I know. It just looks cheap IMO. Why in the heck go to the trouble to make a nice quality dress and then have it look cheap??? argh. Oh well, easy on my wallet to return it!!

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
I appreciate that they had it off alignment in the pictures. Saved hassle of ordering and returning. No false advertising. It makes zero sense to me though!

ilfaith
02-21-2014, 05:00 PM
I agree that it is a cute dress, but the misaligned seam makes it look cheap. I just returned a jacket and skirt I ordered from Banana Republic because the pattern didn't line up at the seam (on one side two rows of dark checks lined up making it look like a thick stripe.). It's the sort of thing I might tolerate on a busy pattern where the difference is not so obvious (it's less of an issue on the floral version of your dress), but on a geometric pattern it is especially apparent when it falls right down the middle.

StantonHyde
02-21-2014, 08:56 PM
I just took the dress, the 2 cardigans, and the bow belt back to Sears. Done. Thanks for everybody's feedback!!!