PDA

View Full Version : yeah it's hard DH

hillview
02-22-2014, 09:36 AM
UGG. I've been home with the kids all week (school vacation) and DS2 is still a mess, medication not yet working. So yeah every hour or so we have an epic meltdown resulting in name calling, hitting, throwing things etc. And yes DS1 has lost his patience with DS2. So when DH says he will take the kids to breakfast so I can rest and be alone for an hour and then DH freaks out at the kids for not getting along etc and CANCELS breakfast. yeah so DH you freaking out doesn't help at all. Cancel breakfast so I am now making them breakfast it isn't awesome. ARGH.

barkley1
02-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Geez, men are such wimps! DH always thinks he's such a hero for doing something I do all.the.time. That's so unfair to you :( Maybe you can get everyone settled and head out to starbucks for an hour. He can't cancel that!

SnuggleBuggles
02-22-2014, 10:29 AM
I think you should walk out to go get breakfast solo. He didn't want to leave? Fine. But you can. ;)

KrisM
02-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I think you should walk out to go get breakfast solo. He didn't want to leave? Fine. But you can. ;)

That is what I would do. Get the kids breakfast on the table and then leave.

Gracemom
02-22-2014, 12:24 PM
So sorry you can't get a break! My DH just got back in town yesterday after 5 nights away. My kids had an epic fight 5 minutes before he got home. When DH walked in the door later than he said he would, I told him "they are yours for the next half hour. I need a break." My DH starts complaining to me about how he needs a few minutes down time. Sorry buddy, but you had your down time for 5 nights. You're on. I went in my room and locked the door.

In your case, the stress sounds even greater. You need his support to take care of yourself! My DH calls me too when he is on his own with the kids to ask me what to do about situations. I tell him he's an adult and can deal with it!

hellokitty
02-22-2014, 01:51 PM
If he's home this wknd, I say that you take half the day off to go out and do your own thing. I totally get the burn out.

zag95
02-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Crap- it's like I'm watching my life- but substitute in girls for DS's!!!!

sunnyside
02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
So so sorry. I hope the meds kick in soon and that your DH gets a clue!