PDA

View Full Version : Any deals/suggestions for 1 day stay near Disneyland CA??

ckso
02-22-2014, 08:01 PM
I live about 90 minutes drive from Disneyland but thought it'll be fun to go to Disneyland for 2 days and stay somewhere nearby anaheim?

Anyone have suggestions on where to stay? I don't care if it's not a Disney resort if it's significantly cheaper.

I have a Disney VISA....I heard I can get 25% discount but can't find anything online. Is it only for packages or can i get it for hotel only??

Thanks

pinay
02-22-2014, 08:14 PM
We've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn several times- great location and significantly cheaper than the resort hotels. Park Vue Inn is also conveniently located practically across from the main entrance.

SnuggleBuggles
02-22-2014, 11:07 PM
We liked the Candy Cane Inn too. It's a motor lodge so not fancy. We got the premium package though and got breakfast and snacks delivered- awesome. Easy walk or shuttle ride. Money well spent. Clean rooms, good location, a perfect place to lay your head after a day at the park.

lalasmama
02-23-2014, 01:35 AM
How much do you want to spend? Do you want to be able to walk to/from the parks?

We prefer Park Vue, which is across the street. We tried Desert Inn this last time, but it had hard beds, hard pillows, and I'm still dealing with a rash that developed immediately after a trip into their hot tub.

smiles33
02-23-2014, 02:39 AM
I haven't heard of any 25% off deal and I have a Disney VISA, too. Maybe it was a limited time promotion? I only know about the AAA discount and the MiceChat or DISBoard message board discounts.

On-site Disney resort hotels are 2-3 times more expensive than others off-side. I think I priced it out to $400/night on-site and you should be able to get decent room for $150. FYI ALL the hotels/motels within walking distance have increased their prices dramatically since my first family trip 2 years ago. Call it the Carsland effect.

Have a great time!

♥ms.pacman♥
02-23-2014, 10:34 AM
On-site Disney resort hotels are 2-3 times more expensive than others off-side. I think I priced it out to $400/night on-site and you should be able to get decent room for $150. FYI ALL the hotels/motels within walking distance have increased their prices dramatically since my first family trip 2 years ago. Call it the Carsland effect.

:yeahthat: this is what we are finding now. For the weeks we want to go, Disneyland hotel was $450/night and everywhere else (Marriott, Residence Inn) was around $150/a night. I guess if it's just one for night maybe i would consider since it would be only $300 extra...we'll be staying 4 nights though so an extra $1200 is hard to swallow. And yeah, it does seem like they've increased the prices dramatically in the last several years (either that or i'm getting to be an old cheapskate..lol).

i saw something about 25% off promotion staying at Disneyland Hotel but it was only for January - beginning of April
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/offers-discounts/disneyland-resort-hotels-winter-discounts/

BayGirl2
02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
There was a 25% off deal for the Disney resorts but I believe you may have had to book in Jan. The way to find the current on side offers is to look under discounts on the DL site, same as the link above. We went 2 weeks ago and stayed at Grand California for around $333/night, but that's the off season with a discount.

If cost is really an issue then stay across the street, the places mentioned above are popular. I would not stay somewhere you need to rely on a shuttle, there are too many closer options to bother with adding another 30 minutes to your morning to get to rope drop.

MMMommy
02-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Our family fav is the Hyatt Orange County. The Hyatt shuttle to Disneyland is free for the kiddies. Unfortunately, there is a shuttle charge for the adults (you pay by the day(s) for the shuttle). We used to stay at the Grand Californian for convenience when the kids were much younger. Now that the kids are older, it is makes more sense for us to stay at the Hyatt Orange County in a much larger, nicer, suite/room with the Hyatt's Suites on Sale prices. More bang for the buck in terms of space. However with the Disney hotels, the convenience cannot be beat.