PDA

View Full Version : towel racks, etc..

Globetrotter
02-23-2014, 02:03 PM
I like to buy slightly quirky hardware, so I got a lot of knobs from Anthropologie. I need to replace our towel racks now and was wondering if you all have any suggestions for interesting, quality fixtures. I used to go to the upscale Home Depot store (can't remember the name) but they went out of business since my last remodel.

ETA: We have small bathrooms and it has to hang over the toilet and on the door.

misshollygolightly
02-23-2014, 02:21 PM
I haven't been to one in years, but Restoration Hardware used to carry vintage and vintage-style fixtures. You could also check your local flea market/antique mall. If you have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore nearby, it might be worth checking there as well.

Momit
02-23-2014, 03:13 PM
You're probably talking about Home Depot Expo. I loved that place too, and Great Indoors. I've found a surprisingly good selection on eBay since those stores closed. Like PP said, Restoration Hardware too.

hillview
02-23-2014, 03:15 PM
check out etsy too

Globetrotter
02-23-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks! ooohh, I never knew about the Habitat restore shops! There is one near me so I will definitely go check it out.

Restoration Hardware depresses me - reminds me of Abercombie with the dark interiors :) but I guess I could get over that!

And yes, Expo was the store! That place had really nice stuff.

Globetrotter
02-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Ok, ebay and etsy.. I will check them out, too!