PDA

View Full Version : Rich and Skinny skinny jeans at Costco

joules
02-24-2014, 11:55 PM
The come in several colors and 2 price points at my Costco.
I got 2 pairs for $24.99 each: blue with a black tuxedo stripe down the sides, and a really dark wash one.
And I also picked up a dark blue one (not the darkest blue wash, but still a darker blue)..which rang up as $50.

The cheaper ones come in sizes 24-28. The more expensive ones come in sizes 24-30.

They are too long for my 5'2" height, but I don't mind since I look horrible in skinny jeans and flats so I'll be wearing them with boots.

The $25 ones are a bit thinner and better suited for warmer weather, but I think the waistband area was slightly less stretchy and emphasized my muffin top more. The $50 ones are a tad thicker and stretchier around the waist. They were definitely gentler on my muffin top. They were also a very very soft cotton.

I haven't decided which one(s) to keep yet!

bluestar2
02-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I love my r&s jeans and will have to look for them when I go to Costco next. They are super comfy and soft and stretchy without bagging after awhile.

elektra
02-25-2014, 01:12 PM
What an obnoxious brand name!
Definitely want to check these out though if they seem nice. :) The price is right and I love Costco.

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Definitely want to check these out though if they seem nice. :) The price is right and I love Costco.

Agree- terrible name! But, I do want to try them.

joules
02-25-2014, 02:06 PM

I totally agree!! I have seen this brand so many times online and it turned me off so I've never tried them out. But when I saw them at costco, I searched around online again and found them for for $130+ so I decided to give them a try. :)

I found them at 2 different costcos here, but my sister didn't find any at her store in the Bay Area.

twowhat?
02-25-2014, 05:44 PM
Subscribing! I'm always looking for skinny jeans that are are comfy with a muffin top. What other colors did they come in? Dare I venture into the world of colored pants?

joules
02-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Subscribing! I'm always looking for skinny jeans that are are comfy with a muffin top. What other colors did they come in? Dare I venture into the world of colored pants?

I don't think they had colored ones. Just the usual blues and I think I saw black ones too.

zukeypur
11-13-2014, 10:52 PM
How is everyone liking these jeans? I bought some today in my regular size 4. While they fit my waist just fine, they make my legs look like sausages. I'm wondering if I should give up on them or try a larger size.

pomegranate
11-14-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm in the Bay Area and just found them today in Livermore. I got my regular size (10/30) in a dark wash for $24.99. I like them. They fit well. I'm 5'8" and the length is good for me. I hope they wear well over time. My Costco also sold Sold Design Lab jeans right next to the Rich & Skinnys. They are elastic waist but with a real button (just no zipper). Also for $24.99. I bought the Large since I normally wear a 10 and they are a tad loose at the waist. Might have to try a medium since denim will just stretch with wear. Thanks for the tip, OP. The price was right for these jeans.

zukeypur
11-24-2014, 08:03 PM
I took back my 27 and got 28. They fit much better, don't slide down at the end of the day, and they are discounted to $19.97

twowhat?
11-26-2014, 01:41 PM
How is everyone liking these jeans? I bought some today in my regular size 4. While they fit my waist just fine, they make my legs look like sausages. I'm wondering if I should give up on them or try a larger size.

The $25 ones were marked down to $19.xx at my Costco today so I snagged a pair to try (same size). They definitely fit tighter that my other skinny jeans, with a narrower ankle opening too. But sizing up would've made the waist too big. I liked the way they looked on me though, and the back pocket placement was perfect (much better than a pair of JAG skinnies that I got from Costco and returned due to back pocket placement.) I LOVE the wash that I snagged - it's a darkish gray-blue and different from my usual indigo so I'm keeping it. The length is perfect on me (5'6") with just enough hem to turn up for wearing with booties. I actually prefer a less stretchy waist because it helps hold in my c-section apron/diastasis, otherwise my stomach bulges out and stretchier waists just make me look pregnant.

I'm a pear/hourglass so I already carry all my extra weight in my thighs but if my thighs were ANY bigger, I'd be returning these. I can definitely see how they'd make certain builds look like sausages!!

eta: Oh I see the larger size worked for you - awesome!! I have a tiny waist in proportion to my hips so I think I'm stuck with the 27 but fortunately I don't think they make my legs look like sausages (I hope they don't anyway!)

zukeypur
11-26-2014, 04:27 PM
I'm wearing them now! They are super comfy. I am seriously considering going to get another pair in black.

diamond
11-26-2014, 04:59 PM
I got them and wore 2-3 times and they are loose, specially if I sit and then stand then the crotch area is extended down a lot if you know what I mean? And feel I have to constantly keep pulling them up. Anyone else feel like that? Any solution for that?

ett
11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
I got them and wore 2-3 times and they are loose, specially if I sit and then stand then the crotch area is extended down a lot if you know what I mean? And feel I have to constantly keep pulling them up. Anyone else feel like that? Any solution for that?

You probably need to size down.

AnnieW625
12-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Would try them if they came in a size 32!:(

twowhat?
12-10-2014, 12:20 PM

I just wore mine a lot over the past week for work/travel and they didn't sag down like you describe...either size down or the other possibility is that you have slim hips, so they slide down. My hips aren't slim, so pants tend to stay up:)

stinkyfeet
12-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I wish my costco had these!

zukeypur
12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I just wore mine a lot over the past week for work/travel and they didn't sag down like you describe...either size down or the other possibility is that you have slim hips, so they slide down. My hips aren't slim, so pants tend to stay up:)

ITA. I am going to try out the black ones today.

joules
12-11-2014, 03:03 AM
double post.

joules
12-11-2014, 03:05 AM
I don't see these at my store anymore. I actually forgot about them until pp posted about them again.

I ended up keeping the $50 pair - so soft and comfy (but I've gained a little weight since last year..booo..so they are a little tight) And then a few months ago saw the tuxedo one (blue with a black stripe on the side) for like $14.99 and snapped it up. Haven't worn it yet.

Today I bought a pair of DKNY skinny jeans from costco for $19.99. The Rich&Skinny are more like jeggings on me, but these DKNY ones are like skinny jeans. They have a higher rise and are really comfortable. In the store, the back pockets looked un-flattering, but they were pretty decent when I put them on at home. They come in different lengths - shortest is 30".

zukeypur
12-11-2014, 09:35 AM
I missed the DKNY, but saw some calvin klein jeans yesterday. The R&S might just be my favorite jeans. They fit both before and after thanksgiving with no problem. ;)

stinkyfeet
12-11-2014, 04:51 PM
I wish my costco had these!

I found these today when I went to costco, but they didn't have my size size! Ugh. At least Nordstrom rack carries a variety of nice jeans in many sizes--just not at the deep costco discount!

zukeypur
01-13-2015, 10:45 PM
They are marked down to $14.97 at my Costco. I almost bought another pair, but i already have the midnight and black.