PDA

View Full Version : Which iphone would you get?

ray7694
02-25-2014, 02:59 PM
I have had an Iphone 4 for two years and can't wait to upgrade. Would you get an Iphone 5 with 32g or an Iphone 5s with 16g? They both are the same price. I will most likely have it for 2 years until I can upgrade with my plan. TIA!

boilermakermom
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM
what is the major difference between the 5 and the 5s?

mommylamb
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
How much space do you need for your phone? I just upgraded from a 16gb 4s to a 32gb 5s because my plan was up and I wanted more space so I could keep more music on my phone. I am now wondering if I should have done the 64gb phone because I had to take some music off my playlist so that it would fit on the 32gb phone with everything else (I have about 3 gb to spare at the moment).

My understanding is that the big differences between the 5 and the 5s are the finger print thing (which I don't use, I just use my code), the 5s is faster and it has a better camera with less lag time for pictures (big issue for me) and there's the burst mode for pictures. They both have the lighting plug instead of the 30 pin plug. I like the new plug more, but it's a PITA because I had to get an adapter for my car and the adapter only works when the bottom of my case is off the phone. But you would have that issue with either the 5 or the 5s.

ckso
02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
It depends on whether you really need the 32g, what you use it for and how critical it is to you to have it on your phone. For example, if you take lots of pics and videos that takes up a lot of space but you can easily just download that to your computer more frequently instead of keeping it on your phone.

Personally, I would go with the 5S without hesitation. It's soooo much faster, camera is better, screen is bigger, smaller frame, etc. DH has the 5 and I have the 5S and the 5S is noticeably better. I don't like the fingerprint thing so that's not the selling point for me. But everything else....definitely the 5S.

Another thing to consider is whether you're planning on selling your iphone 2 years later. The 5S is going to worth more than the 5 even though the 5 have more gigs than the 5S.

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2014, 04:51 PM
I thought Apple was discontinuing the plain 5? If that's the case, I'd get the 5s for more continuity of support. But, my 4s is 16gb and I wish it were bigger. I like music and apps and photos.

larig
02-25-2014, 07:19 PM
yeah, OP, don't you mean a 5c or a 5s?

wellyes
02-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Get the 5s for the great camera.

hellokitty
02-25-2014, 10:28 PM
I would get the newest iphone. When the 4s came out, I got the 4, and I realized that I wasn't able to access certain features, that would have been useful. I think with tech, it's always best to go with the newest version if you can afford it, things phase out so quickly.