PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift ideas for 6 year old boys

Dream
02-25-2014, 05:24 PM
DD has 2 birthday parties next month, both parties are for boys and they're turning 6. Budget would be $25-$35. My goto gift for boys is usually the Snap Circuits but the manufacturers recommended age is 8-15 so its not going to work. I also thought of Lego's but most sets are for age 5-12 so I'm not sure whether a 6 year old would enjoy it.

Any ideas please?

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Board games (Sorry!, Guess Who, Uno, Magic Labyrinth,...go to an independent game store for unique ideas and suggestions)
Legos

wencit
02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
A Lego set with an age range of 5-12 would probably still appeal to a 6yo.

My DS1 loved (still loves) science kits at that age. That's my go-to gift for his friends. A magic kit was a big hit with him, too.

DS1 received Snap Circuits Junior right around his 6th birthday and quite enjoyed it. He needed help from an adult, but once we showed him a few times, he was able to put many of the circuits together.

vonfirmath
02-25-2014, 06:17 PM
My son got Rush Hour for Christmas and loves it.

kboyle
02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
ds3 is 6y and has been playing with legos for years and loved the snap circuits set they got for xmas, he is able to build legos with a little help, and is able to do snap circuits w/o me with few questions.

i know a lot of people suggest board games but with 3 boys ages 10-6 we have never received a board game as a gift nor have a i ever purchased for a gift... we wouldn't mind receiving games, just has never happened here.

Simon
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Board games are a hit here (Catan Jr., Battleship, Chess, Sorry, Uno, Guess Who ), maybe a science field kit (magnifying glass, bug house, butterfly net, id books). Ds1 got snap circuits 100 around age 6.5 and did fine. I think a gift from TRU, Target or another local store with a gift receipt is the best bet if you don't know their specific interests.

wellyes
02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Maybe puzzles?

ahisma
02-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Snap Circuits were common here at that age, I think it's fine
Games (No-Stress Chess is a hit)
Legos - City and Star Wars were popular here at that age, Lego Movie sets would be a hit right now with that age group
Lego books
Magnet kits
Lego books - Minifigure books and Lego Movie books are going over well now.

Jen841
02-25-2014, 09:30 PM
At that age my go to gift was the following...
Wallet with gift card
How to draw type books, colored pencils and sketch pad
Star Wars Trouble (still love hearing the R2D2 popper noise)
Beach towel and boogie board
In the summer water guns

I like stomp rockets and good quality water bottles too