PDA

View Full Version : When potty training with boys...

AJP
02-25-2014, 09:14 PM
How did they "go" when you were in a public toilet? DS can go fine at home in a potty chair with his pants pulled down to his feet. Out in public restrooms is tough b/c he can't get into position to keep the pee going into the toilet. It's almost comical because I'm really trying to get it to aim down into the toilet, he's telling me to take his boots, pants and underpants off and then he's hysterically laughing (since I won't take them off) and he pees all over the place. We tried standing on the seat, but he found that too hysterical too! Lol Especially when I tried to "hold him" aiming into the toilet since his aim was WAY WAY off...by about a foot. Please help me lol.

SnuggleBuggles
02-25-2014, 09:39 PM
My boys sit, even at home. It's lovely. No mess and no toilet seat arguments.

hellokitty
02-25-2014, 10:33 PM
At home, my boys sit. When they were first learning to PT and too short to stand at a public toilet to aim well, one trick was carrying around an empty disposable water bottle, having him pee into that, and dumping that into the toilet. It resulted in a lot less mess. Holding them up while having them try to aim, sucks. We've btdt before too.

AJP
02-26-2014, 09:41 AM
He insists on sitting while in a public restroom. Is my only option taking off pants and shoes to get him comfortable??? I don't remember it being this hard with girls. No problems aiming!! The size of the seats is just too large to do it with pants on!

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Straddle backwards?

♥ms.pacman♥
02-26-2014, 10:45 AM
My boys sit, even at home. It's lovely. No mess and no toilet seat arguments.
:yeahthat: my DS sits every single time, both at home and in public restrooms. Love it as t here's no mess. he doesn't take his pants completely off, just pulls underwear/pants down to knees and gets on. never has been an issue.

my ds went through a stage where he had to be completely naked to pee (like shoes, pants had to be completely off). that was just a stage near beginning of potty training though and he got over it.

georgiegirl
02-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Always sit. We had issues with public restrooms at first. But DS leaned forward while pointing his penis down to make sure everything stated in the potty.

123LuckyMom
02-26-2014, 11:58 AM
My DS is 5, and I still remind him "point your penis" every.single.time we are in a public restroom!!! He has still managed to pee on himself or walls, or floors. Yuck!

When they're not tall enough to clear the bowl, they have to sit and just lean forward or use a finger to make sure they're aiming down. Otherwise they sit and pee all over you and their underwear!

YouAreTheFocus
02-26-2014, 12:39 PM
My DS is 4 and sits everywhere, everytime. We don't have a problem with the pants & shoes, I think they actually help (pee has nowhere to go but down, b/c his legs are squeezed together). He sits right near the front of the potty.

AJP
02-26-2014, 03:59 PM
We tried it again today. Lol! I refused to take his shoes and pants off and had him lean way forward. He still had to use his finger to keep it inside the toilet, but I was armed with a huge wad of TP and stuffed it in front. I think the problem is with leaning forward without having his feet resting on the floor. The pants keeping his legs together doesn't seem to help. I'm sure he could get over the comedy of standing on the seat, but it is still too tempting to put his feet IN the toilet. I think I must have just stayed home in the first few months of PTing my twins cause I don't remember this problem...of course they are girls...

mikala
02-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Ds1 is 4 and always sits. We started out that way because he often decided he needed to poop too while standing to pee so it was just easier to sit in the first place. He still prefers to take off his pants entirely and that part is a PITA in public restrooms. He's starting to lock the stall door while I stand directly outside so its totally up to him to put his clothes back on if he takes them off in the stall. Its definitely easier in the summer with shorts because they aren't as restrictive.

hillview
02-26-2014, 04:28 PM
DS2 required his shoes, socks, pants and unders be off in the bathroom til he turned 6. At 6.5 he has out grown this.... FINALLY