PDA

View Full Version : Which ship?

mytwosons
02-27-2014, 02:03 PM
We have never sailed Disney. We did a NCL cruise years ago, pre-kids. I'm looking into cruises for next year and am considering Disney. We need to go during a specific week, which I know will be busy. The price I'm seeing for a cruise on the Wonder is about the same as prices on a RCI mega ship. I'm thinking I should jump on trying a Disney cruise for a decent price, but I'm worried the older ship will be lacking....Is the Fantasy really worth double the price?

Jen841
03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
What I hear is they are all wonderful and a trip our family will not forget. We are doing the Fantasy later this yr. we wanted DCL. Did not care the ship.

egoldber
03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
How old are your kids?

The Fantasy is amazing and my kids both loved it. But I would not personally pay double for a Fantasy cruise vs. something like Royal Carribbean Oasis or Allure of the Seas, KWIM? I wish we had done the Wonder or Dream before the Fantasy because I am now reluctant to take my kids on one of the older ships. They loved the Aquaduck and AquaLab.

mytwosons
04-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Thanks, Beth.

I think this will just be me and the 11 yr old. Part of my thought process is to make our first Disney cruise one of the cheaper options and then book the Fantasy while we are onboard and save some money that way!

pharmjenn
05-01-2014, 12:32 AM
We cruised the Wonder in 2012, and will be on the Magic this fall. I can say there is plenty to do. I agree that if you think you will do more cruises in the future, you may want to start on the classic ships. If you start on the Fantasy or Dream, you may find the Wonder or Magic lacking, but we loved them.