PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this idea for 10 yo wedding dress?

MamaSnoo
02-28-2014, 12:50 AM
DH and I will have our 10th anniversary next spring. I'd like to do something really nice for him, and I had an idea using my old wedding dress.

DH really treasures nice photography of our kids and family. I was thinking about have a good professional photographer take portraits of me and our kids (DD will be almost 7 and DS will be 2-1/2). The twist is I would wear my wedding dress, and the kids would wear nice dress up clothes- maybe something classic for weddings or something different. I think I would ask the photog to focus on waist-up views, not the full length of me with A-line skirt, just to make it less obvious that I am in a wedding dress. Basically it would be a like a before and after to show how our little family has changed in 10 years.

I wanted to see what people think...do you think it is good idea? have you done something similar? Do you thinks it is too odd? Don't like it? Other ideas? I am open to all opinions.....TIA!

And believe it our not, I found a picture of my dress! Here it is, (http://casablancabridal.com/collections/view/11#.UxAUvxaBXdk) in case it impacts your opinion!

ETA: the link to my dress did not work quite right-- it was number 1655, which is the next to the last one on the page.

Globetrotter
02-28-2014, 02:01 AM
I love the dress and your idea!

Smillow
02-28-2014, 02:12 AM
Gorgeous dress! I like the idea. I have also seen pictures of little girls "wearing" mommy's wedding dress. And then that photo used in her wedding many years later...

alootikki
02-28-2014, 12:14 PM
I like this idea. My only question is - would your DH prefer to be in the photos, too? I could see a cute picture of the two of you with the kids in the background.

iaam
02-28-2014, 01:01 PM
I like this idea. My only question is - would your DH prefer to be in the photos, too? I could see a cute picture of the two of you with the kids in the background.

That was my thought too. Lovely dress and great idea, by the way!

BunnyBee
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
I saw cute pics on FB of some friend of a friend who wore her wedding dress while making breakfast for the kids. Really fun family pictures. :)

I'd have DH in there too!

HonoluluMom
02-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Love the dress and agree with PP about having your DH in the pics (in a tux or whatever he wore at the wedding).

MamaSnoo
02-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the feedback....I had originally thought of it as a surprise...get it done without his knowledge. Although, there are no suprises with DD (5 yo) around!

But, I do love the idea of him in the pictures....I should have thought of that! Maybe I could make up a card explaining it, and have it all set up so we could just go do it. He has lost weight recently, and would fit back in his tux (he still has it from the wedding). Maybe we could do a more casual look for him for the shirt or even go no tie (I love that look on men) or tie untied.

I was thinking of having my hair down (more casual). My hair was up and quite formal at our wedding.

It would be really pretty if we did them outside at a park in the Spring.

With your input, I am liking this idea better and better!

YouAreTheFocus
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
I like the idea, but I agree that you need to work DH in there somehow. Maybe make all the arrangements (book the photographer for a wkd day, rent DH a tux, get the kids' clothes) and surprise him with it that morning?

ETA: Oops, cross posted! One more thought--perhaps if you go with the park could do a nice picnic lunch? Could be pretty silly/fun to have a family picnic in full wedding clothes!

stefani
02-28-2014, 06:10 PM
I love the idea! I think the whole family photo will be great.