PDA

View Full Version : BF ing question - - what could this be?

petesgirl
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
DD is 2 weeks old and has recently started spitting up with every feeding. Sometimes it is puddles of undigested milk and sometimes it is the curled stuff. She has only had green poops for a couple days now and has also started acting uncomfortable at the end of feedings. Not fussy, but starts to arch her back and scrunch her tummy a bit. She does sometimes act uncomfortable when we lay her down.
We are still working on latch, could she just be swallowing a lot of air? Or reflux? Oversupply? Food sensitivity?

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2014, 02:51 PM
How are you doing the feedings? The spitting up? Some babies just spit up. The green poop could be a hindmilk/ foremilk imbalance, hence why I asked how you were doing feedings? I almost always did just one side/ feeding with my kids. I tried to let them get to the milk that was uper rich (you can tell- it's like skim milk for foremilk and cream for hindmilk).

georgiegirl
02-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Is your letdown fast? Could be over active letdown? Does she seem to have difficulty handling the letdown?

petesgirl
02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
How are you doing the feedings? The spitting up? Some babies just spit up. The green poop could be a hindmilk/ foremilk imbalance, hence why I asked how you were doing feedings? I almost always did just one side/ feeding with my kids. I tried to let them get to the milk that was uper rich (you can tell- it's like skim milk for foremilk and cream for hindmilk).

This is what I've decided to try. So did you pump the other side each time?

petesgirl
02-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Is your letdown fast? Could be over active letdown? Does she seem to have difficulty handling the letdown?

She does have some big gulps at the beginning and when I hand express I can squirt pretty far.....

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2014, 03:16 PM
No. My body figured it out.

petesgirl
02-28-2014, 03:17 PM
No. My body figured it out.

Okay, good. I hate pumping.

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Okay, good. I hate pumping.

Me too. :) If you ned a little relief since it's early days and still got some engorgement issues, pop her on for just a tiny bit or hand express a tiny bit.