PDA

View Full Version : getting urine and blood out of a pillowtop I can't put in washer

rlu
03-02-2014, 12:49 PM
title really says it all. This is an old pillowtop for our Select Comfort 4000 and looking at the underneath part, it is falling apart and needs to be replaced. Since I can't do that today, I need to clean it. The stains are from last night. I ran a wet washcloth over both to dilute, now what?

I can't do cleaners with floral or chemical smells as they tend to stop me up, but if that's my only option will sleep on the couch tonight to allow the scents to disappate. We're expecting rain so I can't hang outside.

mikala
03-02-2014, 01:03 PM
If you plan to replace in the next week id try to let dry and slap a waterproof cover on it and call it a day.

If you need to clean it I'd try bac-out or nature's miracle.

rlu
03-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Fortunately there is a sleep number store near us so I'll mosy over there and see if replacing the pillow top is possible (it's 10 years old) or if I need to buy a new set (they zip on) and what that will set me back. I thought we had some Nature's Miracle left over from the dogs but can't find it so I'll swing by the pet store on the way home.

Thanks.

MommyAllison
03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Hydrogen peroxide takes out bloodstains, just pour it on and blot. It is like magic!

rlu
03-03-2014, 03:11 AM
Hydrogen peroxide takes out bloodstains, just pour it on and blot. It is like magic!

Good to know. Nature's Miracle didn't work on the blood (it was set, must have been older than I thought.)

I may be able to replace the pillowtop, their customer service isn't open on Sunday but I can call tomorrow and get details.

eta: While I blotted the nature's miracle, I let it sit overnight and the blood stain is much lighter. I squirted some more on this morning, blotted after 10 minutes and we'll see how it looks this evening.