PDA

View Full Version : Best sleeper sofa to stalk on craigslist?

nabigus
03-04-2014, 01:03 AM
I think this qualifies as OT, but: we're buying a house (never thought it would happen), and we need a sleeper sofa for a guest room/office. Rather than dropping crazy money (nonexistent money, actually) on a new one, what brands/styles should I stalk on craigslist? I'm following crate and barrel, but which others are great quality that lasts??

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
03-04-2014, 06:18 AM
I see Mitchell gold often mentioned as a high quality couch, both here and by manufacturers.

echoesofspring
03-06-2014, 01:16 AM
American Leather. I splurge on (a non leather) one when we found out I was preg with DS and needed a guest bed for my parent's. They are high quality, although I wish we hadn't paid so much, and the mattress could be a bit thicker. It hasn't gotten the use I envisioned, but hopefully that will change when we move to a larger house soon and have a guest room again.

JanBaby
03-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Have you considered a futon? We have a small office in the basement that we need to also use as a spare room. The pull out space is really small so we can't fit a sleeper sofa so I've just started looking into futons. I always thought they were the futons of college dorm rooms but they make some really nice ones and the footprint is smaller. Plus a lot cheaper than a couch so you could buy new. Also people rave about the Ikea Hemnes Daybed which pulls out into a king, I think. You have to buy two twin mattresses plus the daybed (which you could maybe find on CL) but still cheaper than a couch. Those babies are expensive.

Here's the one I'm considering: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EOBYDG8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A24AYKKK4PK7LR

BunnyBee
03-07-2014, 01:37 PM
We're trying to decide on guest sleeping right now too. Used couches freak me out, so I was thinking of getting a cheaper IKEA sofa (it's in a room that's not a primary living space, but we still need the floor space in there) and replacing the mattress. I'm not on the computer with my links, but I think this is the mattress I saw recommended? http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/AirDream-Sofa-Bed-Mattress/4750780/product.html