PDA

View Full Version : Nursing friendly dress needed for casual spring wedding

georgiegirl
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
One of my best friends is getting married in May, and my entire family (including DS who will be 8 months) is going. I need a cute, springy dress for the wedding that is nursing-friendly. I quickly looked at the mall today, and the only thing I found was this dress from the loft.

http://www.loft.com/mini-floral-print-drapey-halter-dress/332668?colorExplode=false&skuId=15639134&catid=catl000013&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=1321

It seemed easy to nurse in and it was flattering. But I don't like the color (too dark). Any ideas? I'm 5.6 and currently about a size 6 if that matters.

jennilynn
03-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Have you looked at Milk Nursingwear? They have cute nursing dresses. Or maybe a wrap style dress so you can keep wearing it after you're no longer nursing.

MamaInMarch
03-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Here is a selection of all nursing dresses. This a nice shop and the owner is great. You can call them and they'll help you with fit, etc over the phone.

http://www.mothersboutique.com/dresses.html

mikala
03-25-2014, 08:03 AM
You might also try a dressy top and skirt. I usually lift up my shirt to nurse so even a wrap dress feels strange. I went to a wedding when ds1 was a similar age and wore a cute top and a pencil skirt. It was easy to nurse in and I received a lot of compliments.

lizzywednesday
03-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Have you looked at Milk Nursingwear? They have cute nursing dresses. Or maybe a wrap style dress so you can keep wearing it after you're no longer nursing.

They're cute, but they're not the best quality. The fabric is comfy, but the cuts are a bit odd and they don't really look so great after laundering. (I like them OK for work and around the house, though!)

I wouldn't plan on wearing one to a wedding, no matter HOW casual.

HipMama
03-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Any sort of dress is going to require you to expose a lot of boob so be prepared with a blanket or cover if that bothers you. My brother just got married and my dress had a deep V neckline so I was able to push it to the side to nurse. However a lot of breast was exposed so I felt the need to cover up. I don't use a cover normally so my DS was like wtf? We made it work though. I like the idea of a cute top or twinset with a nice skirt. Still dressy but more user friendly. I won't get a nursing dress. They are usually dowdy and have weird holes and are harder (IMO) to nurse in.