PDA

View Full Version : Beach club resort

DualvansMommy
03-11-2014, 06:05 PM
I've posted before about planning on disney with my kiddos. Well as it turns out my MIL is treating us to a trip which is very nice of her! So we'll be going there along with herself, FIL and my mom who's paying for herself to join us.

All along MIL wanted to book rooms at CR, GF or poly based on my feedback and she asked me potential dates for travel that worked for us. I gave her 3 different dates before summer (MIL wanted to do this trip ASAP)

MIL bit the bullet and booked the trip with triple A and apparently CR & GF is all booked out. I didn't want to do poly after learning it's undergoing renovations. TA got us rooms at Beach club resort, which is at Epcot so that's my concern. It's far from MK which is where we'll be spending most of the time.

Hit me up everything you know about beach club?? How's the pool there? Nice to swim for a almost 3 year old and does it have zero entry pool?? Restaurants you recommend?? MIL got us the plus dining which I told her its bit waste of $$$. We'll be doing chef Mickey for DS1 character meal for sure and I think that it as far character meals go.

We're going for 5 nights/6 days with 4 days of park tickets from May 4th to 9th. How's the crowds?? And I'll be posting separate thread on magic band/FP cuz I'm completely lost on how it works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

egoldber
03-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, I love that resort area, but we love Epcot. :) I think it is lovely. Will you be there during the Flower and Garden Show? The decorations throughout the park are amazing!

The pool at BC has a "sand" bottom and is considered one of the nicest pools on Disney property.

It is walking distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can take the bus to the MK or drive if you have a car.

We just stayed at CR (well, BLT) for the first time recently, and it was very convenient to the MK. However, when we were there, they were doing renovation to the monorail, so it wasn't even running most of the day, so that was a bummer.

ETA: That is F&G time: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

BunnyBee
03-11-2014, 09:20 PM
It's one of the places we want to stay simply because of the pool, but I have some older kids who swim independently. The pool looks amazing. I don't know if it has a zero entry, but if you find the Beach Club thread on disboards, there will be pictures a-plenty.

Easywdw.com has great crowd calendars. The festival at Epcot will make the Epcot resorts more crowded.

DualvansMommy
03-12-2014, 10:34 AM
Well, I love that resort area, but we love Epcot. :) I think it is lovely. Will you be there during the Flower and Garden Show? The decorations throughout the park are amazing!

The pool at BC has a "sand" bottom and is considered one of the nicest pools on Disney property.

It is walking distance to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can take the bus to the MK or drive if you have a car.

We just stayed at CR (well, BLT) for the first time recently, and it was very convenient to the MK. However, when we were there, they were doing renovation to the monorail, so it wasn't even running most of the day, so that was a bummer.

ETA: That is F&G time: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-flower-and-garden-festival/

We won't have a car, as will be staying entirely on the resorts, plus the cost of renting a vehicle big enough to cart all 7 of us is just too big for what will be minimial driving time. I love the fact BC has a boardwalk, as it's always a hit with my DS1 since we're always down the Jersey shore every year since his birth.

We don't have park hoppers, so im trying to understand whether our 4 day park ticket allow us to return MK again at another day? or is it one ticket for each of the 4 parks each day? as i'm thinking it may be really worth our time to spend 2 days in MK, one day in 2 days in Epcot or 1 day EP/1 day AK? DS isn't that fond of rides…he only likes very specific rides if it relates to his interests like anything with cars, trains or firetrucks…so i wouldn't have any clue if he likes other rides. Based on our past summer trips down the boardwalk, he often had no interest in the majority of rides.

It's one of the places we want to stay simply because of the pool, but I have some older kids who swim independently. The pool looks amazing. I don't know if it has a zero entry, but if you find the Beach Club thread on disboards, there will be pictures a-plenty.

Easywdw.com has great crowd calendars. The festival at Epcot will make the Epcot resorts more crowded.

The pool looked awesome! i think we all will really love it! now im midly panicking as trying to figure out my logistics of carting my 2 DS around. I know i'll be bringing my uppa luxe for the older DS, as it's lightweight, easy to fold up for the bus and such. it's DS2 i'm struggling as he'll only be 4 months old at the time of trip, right now i've been using my uppavista with carseat adapter to fit his carrier in it and i know there is just no way i want to bring the huge vista with me to disney. Any recs on how to carry ds2 around? i do have a bebo carrier but DS1 hated it so i hardly ever used it and am worried whether the heat will make ds2 hot inside his carrier all day long??

egoldber
03-12-2014, 11:02 AM
With a 4 day ticket, you get entry to 1 park each day. That could be 4 different parks or you could go to the MK 4 times.

Staying at the BC, I would consider adding the hopping option. It's very pleasant to walk into Epcot in the evenings and stroll around the World Showcase. And it will be daylight pretty late while you're there.

I don't know anything about strollers these days, but I would bring either a double or two singles. Two singles are nice in case your party wants to split up, take the younger ones for a "strolling nap", etc. I think it will be too hot to wear a carrier all day in the parks. Two singles are also easier to fold and manage, although bring strollers of all shapes and sizes to WDW.

ajb524
03-20-2014, 09:49 AM
We loved the BC when we went two years ago. Cape May has a character breakfast that was so much fun. It was really nice to go downstairs to have a character meal. We also ate at Cape May for the seafood buffet at night. I thought it was just ok, but my husband really enjoyed it.

The pool at the BC is awesome! Your kids will really enjoy it :)

hellokitty
03-20-2014, 06:39 PM
If you'd rather stay at a MK resort, another option, if there is availability, could be to switch to the wilderness lodge. It is only a boat ride away to MK, esp if you think that is the park you will be spending the most time at. So, just a thought.

We'd like to stay at BC, once my kids are all indep swimmers. We did have dinner at cape may and everyone loved it, but then again we are seafood lovers.