PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor gift for 6 yr old girl

melrose7
03-12-2014, 04:38 PM
I am trying to help my DBF with birthday gifts for her soon to be 6 yr old DD. She is one of those kids who rarely plays with toys, most often doesn't play by herself so presents are hard every year. This year I am stumped with what to give as suggestions. Price isn't much of an issue but they have most everything. She is somewhat into games, puzzles, frozen movie, but is outside all day (once it gets above freezing here) so I thought outside toys would be good. They already have the riding toys, rocket stomper, play set, wagon, rollarskates, bike. I know she is getting the frozen movie and her mom is attempting to get the dolls, scuba gear. She is in between the age for puzzles, 100 pieces a little to hard, 60 pieces a little to easy.
Any outdoor suggestions or games or puzzle idea?

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Hula hoop?

mm123
03-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Jump ropes
Sidewalk chalk
Bubbles, and the accompanying contraptions you can get

Piglet
03-12-2014, 06:05 PM
What about some sort of adventure kit? I once packed these for all the kids on a camping trip and they all had a blast - a fanny pack filled with kids binoculars (something like this http://www.amazon.com/Carson-Child-5x30mm-Binoculars-HU-530/dp/B000JQ3A7A), whistle, chocolate bars or candy (for energy), bandaids, sunscreen wipes, small notepad, pencil, etc.

Tenasparkl
03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
What about a cute helmet for bike riding/rollerblading/scooter? My DD has two different Raskullz helmets (a cat and a one with a tiara) and she loves them for all of her outside play. People always stop us to ask about them.

Other outside stuff she likes: hula hoop, stuff to help with the garden, chalk, soccer ball and goal.

For games - Scrabble Jr. is fun for that age. We've been playing it a LOT lately.

HonoluluMom
03-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Butterfly garden
Herb garden kit

acmom
03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
My DD who is almost 6 had a ball last summer with a large container (ours was a big shallow flower planter), plants and some fairies/accessories (little brick house/path/bench) to make a fairy garden. She was able to design the layout herself and do most of the planting herself too. Then she added to it throughout the summer (shells from our trip, moss, rocks, other nature stuff she found), tended to the plants, and played with the little fairies, moving them around. We found our stuff at a local store and a garden show, but I think there are places online that sell similar items if you search for fairy garden items.

She also loves other outdoor stuff like hula hoops, gardening bag with tools, binoculars, magnifying glass.

As far as games, she likes the Pizza Party dice game lately, as well as Bug Trails (which is kind of a puzzle game), Sequence for kids, Disney Eye Found It.

melrose7
03-13-2014, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately she has all the basic outdoor stuff, hula hoop, chalk, watering can, binoculars, and I do think some of those little things will go in her Easter basket anyways since her birthday is a week before.
I will check out the games and forward the suggestions
Thanks

urquie
03-13-2014, 01:42 PM
If you have an ikea near you, they have some new outdoor activities in. We bought the badminton net and the set up is real easy, we're very pleased with it. It comes with a carry case to, for easy storage and transport. They didn't have the badminton rackets in yet, nor the mini tennis rackets.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/ikea_family_products/24847/

Tenasparkl
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
My DD who is almost 6 had a ball last summer with a large container (ours was a big shallow flower planter), plants and some fairies/accessories (little brick house/path/bench) to make a fairy garden. She was able to design the layout herself and do most of the planting herself too. Then she added to it throughout the summer (shells from our trip, moss, rocks, other nature stuff she found), tended to the plants, and played with the little fairies, moving them around. We found our stuff at a local store and a garden show, but I think there are places online that sell similar items if you search for fairy garden items.

Great idea!