PDA

View Full Version : Preschool snack

mackmama
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
I send a snack for DC to preschool. I need some new snack ideas. Just curious what others send. For those who send a snack, what do you send (and in what lunch box and with or without ice pack)?

Kindra178
03-13-2014, 01:54 PM
I used a Trio Lunch Bot all last year. I put that in a lunchbox with a bottle of water and ice pack. I stuck with the usuals and sent fruit every day - cheese and crackers, hummus and pita, cheddar bunnies and string cheese, hummus and carrots, graham crackers and sun butter, crackers with cream cheese, mini homemade muffins (banana, zucchini or corn). I tried to send protein every day. The trio made the endeavor very easy to pack and using a lunchbox kept everything together.

mikala
03-13-2014, 02:05 PM
I'd take a look at the 100 days of real food blog for more ideas. My snacks are similar to kindra's list. I also send yogurt with nut free granola, baked oatmeal muffins, freeze dried peas.

mackmama
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
I just bought a Trio Lunch Bot and used it this morning for snack. Sadly the snack didn't get eaten (taken off of the 100 days of real food ideas). Thanks for the responses, and we'll keep trying! :)