PDA

View Full Version : S/O from Kids' Wear... what pants for ME that won't get holes in the knees?

ourbabygirl
03-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I never had this problem pre-kids, when I was working, but since having kids and becoming a SAHM, I keep developing holes in the knees of my jeans (my left knee, first- so weird!). :( They're all different brands (Old Navy, Nine West, Jag from Nordstrom, probably eventually my AT Loft ones)... I'd say I wear jeans 5-6 days a week, and usually wear one pair one-two times (though not necessarily in a row) before washing them.
Should I just stop wearing jeans most days and switch to some other sort of pants? If so, are there certain types that are stronger/ sturdier in the knees?

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

Thanks for your advice! :)

SnuggleBuggles
03-13-2014, 04:46 PM
I wash my jeans less than that. Like every 4-6 times. They hold up well. Most are Canvas, Levi's or Old Navy lately.

ett
03-13-2014, 04:59 PM
I haven't had any problems but I also wash my jeans after 4-5 wears. Most are from Loft, Old Navy, and Lucky. Are you kneeling on the floor with them on?

legaleagle
03-14-2014, 03:26 PM
I haven't gotten holes much but most of pants have fading/wear at the knees. This is ESP obvious on cords. I think I just spend so much more time bending and kneeling, they just aren't made for that. I don't think it has much to do with how often I wear (edit - I meant wash) them. I would definitely try something with more stretch and less fitted at the knee to reduce strain on the fabrics.