PDA

View Full Version : Toys for 4 month old

sachminu
03-13-2014, 05:15 PM
Hello, I have a 3 month old, who at the moment plays on a fisher price activity mat and loves it. She also likes to play with mylar balloons (always supervised) which were a congratulations gift when she was born. I place it next to her when shes on the floor and she likes to hit the string and see the balloon move.

I also put her in a fisherprice swing and she can see me do the laundry, clean bathroom, cook etc.. etc..so her time gets spent.

But there are times when the baby is just lying in her crib staring at decals on the wall and talking, looking at her hands, sucking her thumb and seems content.

I do talk her to her when I can and go through "colors, ABC, numbers, fruits" etc etc board books when I can and show her different kinds of rattles.

There are times when I think she is bored and she just stares in space.

Are there any other toys or anything else I can do so she doesn't seem bored? Something suitable for 4-6 month old.

thanks,
Cooks.

mikala
03-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Have you tried wearing her in a carrier like an Ergo? At that age my kids spent a lot of time snuggling on my chest listening to me narrate life while we grocery shopped and took walks. They also loved cloth books and new textures to chew and explore. Some of their favorites were objects we had around the house like a wooden spoon, tupperware, and a sock rolled into a ball. We played peekaboo hiding objects under a washcloth or blanket. This toy was also popular:

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Brilliant-Basics-Stack-Roll/dp/B000LSZVJQ

Stacking cups were also fun, lots of brand choices.

sachminu
03-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Have you tried wearing her in a carrier like an Ergo? At that age my kids spent a lot of time snuggling on my chest listening to me narrate life while we grocery shopped and took walks. They also loved cloth books and new textures to chew and explore. Some of their favorites were objects we had around the house like a wooden spoon, tupperware, and a sock rolled into a ball. We played peekaboo hiding objects under a washcloth or blanket. This toy was also popular:

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Brilliant-Basics-Stack-Roll/dp/B000LSZVJQ

Stacking cups were also fun, lots of brand choices.

Hi, I like the idea of stacking cups. She doesnt sit up yet, but will definitely keep that toy in mind. I do have a carrier, but she doesnt like to be kept upright in it (though I have only tried once or twice). She cant support her head fully, so she just holds it in one place and then jerks it around a little. I have the Baby Bjorn, I know many people dont recommend that, so I thought at my 4 month visit I would ask the pediatrician about starting to use carriers and recommendations.

I like the idea of cloth books and textures, because at the moment she clenches her jaws and seems to be grinding her gums. She can hold things for a while, but then drops them, I will definitely look into cloth books.

regards,
Cooks.

lizzywednesday
03-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Mine was still kind of squishy at 3 months, too.

I found she was still too floppy to use the Ergo until almost 5 months old, so I wore her in a wrap. I had a woven, as I'd expected to have a larger, faster-growing baby based on my experience with my younger siblings, so I thought I would get more use out of that than a stretchy wrap like a Moby, Maya, or Boba wrap.

Some babies just don't care for harness carriers ... and some mamas don't care for them because they find them uncomfortable. While wearing, you do need to move around a bit and make sure Baby has a full belly and empty diaper.

Wearing your baby "counts" towards tummy time, which is a nice bonus, too!