PDA

View Full Version : F U jackhammer!!!!

Mopey
03-18-2014, 01:55 PM
It's not even like a jackhammer that's doing much damage, or a short repair. The construction on the dump across the street from my house has started and it totally *+^)*&!!$#%& blows. It's going to last months. I am so pissed. We still haven't been able to stop it. A dump right in between a huge sports field/fieldhouse and playground. YUCK.

So sad :gloomy::(:hopmad::crying:

okinawama
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Man, for so many reasons, I'm sorry! We bought a house in a new subdivision, and there was constant construction (one immediately next door) and it put a huge damper on quality of life around the house. The noise, constant through traffic, random people walking around the neighborhood, nails in my tires...I could go on and on...but I'm so sorry. I hope it passes quickly!

ahisma
03-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Ugh. I'm sorry! Our neighbors, who I love, had a major remodel that went on for SIX months (about 3 months longer than reasonable, IMO). It was maddening.

OKKiddo
03-19-2014, 11:13 AM
It's not even like a jackhammer that's doing much damage, or a short repair. The construction on the dump across the street from my house has started and it totally *+^)*&!!$#%& blows. It's going to last months. I am so pissed. We still haven't been able to stop it. A dump right in between a huge sports field/fieldhouse and playground. YUCK.

So sad :gloomy::(:hopmad::crying:

Wait. Are you saying they're making a dump across the street from you, or are you saying that they're overhauling a house that's like a dump? Either way, I'm sorry, I would be annoyed and unhappy as well.

egoldber
03-19-2014, 11:28 AM
:o We did a tear down and re-build. I know it irritated the heck out of many neighbors. And now there's one right next to us that started only a few months after we finished, so they didn't even get much of a respite!

Mopey
03-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Wait. Are you saying they're making a dump across the street from you, or are you saying that they're overhauling a house that's like a dump? Either way, I'm sorry, I would be annoyed and unhappy as well.

Oh no, it's a real waste management station for the city. They are using an old, unsafe and below the water line (hello Sandy???!!!) building on the river. Don't even get me started. It's been a big deal for a few years around here and thank god I don't own. I've heard of people having to lower prices by 100k to sell and they are farther away. Hopefully we will be gone before it opens....I can't imagine what over 100 garbage trucks a day are going to do to my neighborhood :(

ETA: and yes I'm feeling bitchy again today as the construction sucks :angry-smiley-005:

OKKiddo
03-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Oh no, it's a real waste management station for the city. They are using an old, unsafe and below the water line (hello Sandy???!!!) building on the river. Don't even get me started. It's been a big deal for a few years around here and thank god I don't own. I've heard of people having to lower prices by 100k to sell and they are farther away. Hopefully we will be gone before it opens....I can't imagine what over 100 garbage trucks a day are going to do to my neighborhood :(

ETA: and yes I'm feeling bitchy again today as the construction sucks :angry-smiley-005:

My jaw hit the floor. I can't even imagine!! Are you planning to move? I know that's the way I'd be leaning if I were in your position. Sleep is priceless and so is peace and quiet.