PDA

View Full Version : Please go home.

petesgirl
03-18-2014, 05:48 PM
Why is my BIL still here? We invited him up for dinner yesterday. When we all started getting ready for bed he just sat there on the couch on his computer, so DH told him he was welcome to the guest room if he wanted (even though he only lives 20 mins away). So he stayed the night. And he is STILL HERE.

meanwhile I have spent most of the day hiding out in my room so I can nurse my newborn.

HannaAddict
03-18-2014, 05:57 PM
OMG. That is crazy. Can ou pretend you are getting ready to go and sorry to have to see him off? I would hide too!!

ahisma
03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
What??? Was your DH home today? Did they spend time together?

Does he live alone? Is there someone at home who he's avoiding?

Your DH needs to kindly show him the door. That's a LONG dinner visitor.

essnce629
03-18-2014, 06:24 PM
What??? Was your DH home today? Did they spend time together?

Does he live alone? Is there someone at home who he's avoiding?

Your DH needs to kindly show him the door. That's a LONG dinner visitor.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking!

123LuckyMom
03-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Just go downstairs in your pjs with the baby on your breast and plop yourself down in the chair next to him. I bet he'll leave right away.

BunnyBee
03-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Start assigning him chores. Don't your toilets need scrubbing?

petesgirl
03-18-2014, 07:29 PM
He is a 20-something college student. I guess he doesn't have classes or work today though?? DH is home today and they have been playing wii. I have now fed him dinner, breakfast, lunch, and dinner 2 is in the oven. And did I mention he stopped at the store on his way yesterday and bought 8 gallons of milk, which are obstructing my ability to find anything in my fridge??

Oh well, DH is having a great time and I got a nap while they played with DS. That nap alone makes it worth it.

My in-laws just have no social skills/manners. I should be used to it by now.

BDKmom
03-18-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry he is being annoying, but, now I have to ask--what on earth are the 8 gallons of milk for?

petesgirl
03-18-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry he is being annoying, but, now I have to ask--what on earth are the 8 gallons of milk for?

He works for a local supermarket and gets an employee discount so I guess he bought milk for all his roommates.

AngB
03-18-2014, 08:50 PM
He works for a local supermarket and gets an employee discount so I guess he bought milk for all his roommates.

OMG. He needs to go! I am so annoyed for you!

kristenk
03-18-2014, 08:55 PM

How many roommates does he have for them to need 8 GALLONS of milk?!? No wonder he bailed on them and is staying at your house!

SnuggleBuggles
03-18-2014, 09:04 PM
Wow! I'm just marveling that you can fit 8 gallons of milk on your fridge! My fridge is in need of a cleaning but even on a good day, we have no space for that much!

20 year old guys are clueless. :)

essnce629
03-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Wow! I'm just marveling that you can fit 8 gallons of milk on your fridge! My fridge is in need of a cleaning but even on a good day, we have no space for that much!

Yeah that! I can barely fit the second half gallon of milk in my fridge that I bought today!

elbenn
03-18-2014, 10:10 PM

This, totally!

petesgirl
03-18-2014, 10:33 PM

Oh it's just because I haven't been brave enough to go grocery shopping with 2 kids yet. :) but I am also surprised they fit.

okinawama
03-19-2014, 12:55 AM
What's up with your DH being ok with the situation?! I'd be directing a lot of my irritation at him!

OKKiddo
03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Oh it's just because I haven't been brave enough to go grocery shopping with 2 kids yet. :) but I am also surprised they fit.

It's time for the BIL to go, but don't be afraid to go shopping with two. Go right after lunch time or if you go at lunch time you can give him his lunch box to eat out of while you shop...take a carrier for the newborn so that you have more time (and space in the cart).

123LuckyMom
03-19-2014, 11:56 AM
It's time for the BIL to go, but don't be afraid to go shopping with two. Go right after lunch time or if you go at lunch time you can give him his lunch box to eat out of while you shop...take a carrier for the newborn so that you have more time (and space in the cart).

Yes, letting the toddler eat throughout the trip will help a lot! Don't be afraid!

Is he gone yet?

zukeypur
03-19-2014, 11:59 AM
My BIL did this over Christmas break one year for a WHOLE WEEK. He stayed on the couch covered up with a blanket with my dogs watching TV. The dogs still demand to be covered with a blanket, and this was 3 years ago! I finally told him that he couldn't move in and that he needed to couch surf at someone else's house for the rest of his break.

petesgirl
03-19-2014, 12:35 PM

Oh, I like the idea of getting him a lunch box to eat from! He would like that.

petesgirl
03-19-2014, 12:44 PM
He finally left around 9 last night. But only after I chewed DH out for playing wii all day. I had asked him to get DS ready for bed while I fed the baby. About 20 mins later I heard DS fall off something and start screaming so I ran out to see what happened and ended up yelling at them for not paying attention to DS. BIL was gone about 5 mins later.

OKKiddo
03-19-2014, 01:12 PM
He finally left around 9 last night. But only after I chewed DH out for playing wii all day. I had asked him to get DS ready for bed while I fed the baby. About 20 mins later I heard DS fall off something and start screaming so I ran out to see what happened and ended up yelling at them for not paying attention to DS. BIL was gone about 5 mins later.

Lol! You burst his bubble! That warm, fuzzy feeling of being in a soft place where he had no troubles or responsibilities. Welcome back to the world BIL. Sorry about your DS's fall though, I hope it was just a good wake up call for the guys. And definitely use the lunchbox for shopping! Very handy little things. Bonus points if you include a small toy (ex matchbox car/plane etc) in a hidden pouch (to be found when he finishes the food and/or gets wiggly towards the end of shopping).