PDA

View Full Version : What Color Hunter Boots?

kissmekate
03-19-2014, 12:06 AM
What is your favorite color Hunter boots? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a classic color like black or navy, or do a fun color. I was thinking maybe the aubergine (dark purple). Does anyone have that color?

MMMommy
03-19-2014, 03:37 AM
My fav pair are my Hunters in pewter. I have never seen this color anywhere and found them at Nordstrom Rack last year. They are not like the current Graphite color. The pewter is a dark gray, almost black with a hint of shimmer. But the shimmer is barely noticeable, which is nice. They look look like this:

http://www.kcmode.com/hunter-original-pewter-metallic-wellies-wellington-boots-24865-p.asp

My second favorite pair are my black Hunters. Classic and goes well with everything.

*newmomma*
03-19-2014, 07:41 AM
What is your favorite color Hunter boots? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a classic color like black or navy, or do a fun color. I was thinking maybe the aubergine (dark purple). Does anyone have that color?

I have them in aubergine and could not be happier with them. They are a very dark purple so you get some color, but since they are dark and not super bright I treat them as a neutral. I wear them with everything! Lots of complements as well each time I wear them.

SnuggleBuggles
03-19-2014, 08:01 AM
I know I want glossy. I was thinking a teal or purple. My current rain boots are polka dot from Target and I love that they are fun.

marinkitty
03-19-2014, 09:56 AM
My first pair were glossy black and though I liked them, with the gloss sometimes I felt like I looked like a fireman. I have aubergine now and I love them. Some color but like a PP said, they read neutral with almost everything I wear.

MMMommy
03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
OP, are you petite or tall? I am petite and find the Women's Hunter Short to be much easier to get on and off. I am 5'3" and found the women's classic tall to be too tall and overwhelming in the shaft height. My pewter pair is the Hunter Short and my black pair is the kids' classic tall, which is a nice shaft height for petite women. My kids' pair is from a few years ago, so the style may have changed since. The size 6 kids seems right for size 7.5 and 8 women. My kids' ones are like this-

http://www.seasonloveshoes.com/images/new/girl/782/1298183-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

ourbabygirl
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
I did just like MMMommy and got the kids' size black ones (glossy, I guess). Only had them since last fall, but they've been working out well (I bought the glossy red at first, but felt like a clown in them so I exchanged for black). The aubergine would've been great, too- probably would've done that if they came in the kids' size (cheaper :loveeyes: price).

arivecchi
03-19-2014, 01:46 PM
I love my brown ones. They go with everything.

kissmekate
03-19-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm just average... 5'4". I wonder if the kid sizes would work for me?

OP, are you petite or tall? I am petite and find the Women's Hunter Short to be much easier to get on and off. I am 5'3" and found the women's classic tall to be too tall and overwhelming in the shaft height. My pewter pair is the Hunter Short and my black pair is the kids' classic tall, which is a nice shaft height for petite women. My kids' pair is from a few years ago, so the style may have changed since. The size 6 kids seems right for size 7.5 and 8 women. My kids' ones are like this-

http://www.seasonloveshoes.com/images/new/girl/782/1298183-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Momit
03-19-2014, 06:58 PM

I'm 5'3 and I wear the kids ones. The adult ones are very uncomfortable when I sit since they hit the back of my knee - I didn't even notice at first when I tried them on since I just walked around in them and they seemed tall but ok. Then the first time I sat down - ouch!

I have glossy black and navy ones. I was looking for a fun option and tried the silver, but they were a little too spaceman-esque for me. Love those pewter ones a PP linked.

brittone2
03-20-2014, 03:47 PM

I'm just under 5'3" with longer legs and a shorter torso. Dh bought me the Hunter Touring boots, and they are very comfy IME. The rubber is flexible and thinner to allow for folding/packing, so I presume less durable. However, I love that they aren't heavy and don't hit me behind my knees. Just tossing that out as an option.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hunter-tour-packable-rain-boot-women/3658235?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=hunter_%27tour%27_packable_rain_boot_%28wom en%29:592896_6&cm_pla=shoes:women:boots&cm_ven=Google_Product_Ads&mr:referralID=327a2d7c-b068-11e3-beb7-001b2166c2c0&origin=pla

mjmamma
03-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I am 5'2" and have the adult size which could be a smidge shorter but I opted for, and love, the glossy Navy.

acmom
04-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm 5'3 and I wear the kids ones. The adult ones are very uncomfortable when I sit since they hit the back of my knee - I didn't even notice at first when I tried them on since I just walked around in them and they seemed tall but ok. Then the first time I sat down - ouch!

I have glossy black and navy ones. I was looking for a fun option and tried the silver, but they were a little too spaceman-esque for me. Love those pewter ones a PP linked.

I'm planning to order the kids and deciding between black and navy. Is the navy pretty dark or brighter? Which do you find you wear more?

JdrKuhnert
04-03-2014, 01:01 PM
I have teal ones. I wear them with everything. I bought a bright color to combat depressing gray rainy days. Personally, I don't think rainboots have to match an outfit perfectly. It's one place for a little whimsy.