PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for best/ popular attractions to use FP in each park?

DualvansMommy
03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
I'm meeting up with my in laws tonight to go over our plans to reserve FP and ADR's.

I already took care of ADR 's. It's just mainly which attractions that you think DS1 will like ?? He'll be 1 month away from turning 3 when we go in May.

Epcot??
MK?? (We plan on going 2 days there)
Universal??
Is downtown a park or that's just shops and such to walk around ?

Tia!

egoldber
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Downtown Disney is shopping and restaurants.

Universal is not Disney. :) Maybe you meant Hollywood Studios?

Your kids are young, but I would suggest.....

MK: Peter Pan (lines get crazy long), Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Other ones to consider are Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and charcater greetings if you think your kids would be into that.

AK: Safari Ride, Nemo Show, Parade location (if available)

Epcot: If your older DS is 40", I would suggest Soarin. And then main character greeting location and maybe Illuminations.

DHS: Your kids probably are not old/tall enough for the thrill rides here. You MUST have one for Toy Story Mania. This is THE absolute must have FastPass ride in all of WDW. I would also suggest The Great Movie Ride (fun for kids, but not worth waiting in a huge line for) and Star Tours if they are into Star Wars.

123LuckyMom
03-19-2014, 11:11 PM
DHS: Your kids probably are not old/tall enough for the thrill rides here. You MUST have one for Toy Story Mania. [I]This is THE absolute must have FastPass ride in all of WDW.

YES!!! You can wait for this ride for hours, and it's a GREAT ride! Definitely, definitely get a FP for this. You'll probably want to ride more than once, too, so get to DHS at rope drop, rude it first, and then come back for FP.

I agree with the MK suggestions, and I might add Splash Mountain if your kids are tall enough. Soarin' for EPCOT is also a good idea. We love Kali River Rapids at AK, so I'd add that to the AK list.

kristac
03-21-2014, 10:29 AM
When are you going? If it's soon I might do the daytime parade at MK since it is new. Also I think Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is opening in May ? So if you are going after that definitely get a FP. Toy Story Mania is a MUST.

DualvansMommy
03-21-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm going in early May. I heard about the daytime parade, but been unable to get FP (maybe it isn't necessary since it's daytime?) and been stalking my MDE to try get the dwarfs mine train, but couldn't find info when it opens as all I hear is May. Didn't say as far specific dates?

kristac
03-21-2014, 01:40 PM
The FP for parades open up later then other FP- I did Electric Light Parade when we went the first week of March and it only showed up Feb 27 or 28th. So keep checking but it will probably become available end of April. Also Mine train FP's won't show up until they release an official opening date.

egoldber
03-21-2014, 01:46 PM
For the MK, there are so many other attractions where a FP is more useful than at a parade. You don't have to be close to the front to see or enjoy the parades.

And remember, once you are there, if you find that you end up not needing to use a booked FP (for example, Peter Pan is walk-on or very low wait time when you go to ride it) you can change that FP to something else!

ryanmom
03-31-2014, 11:05 AM
We just went in March. My kids were 4 and 2.5 at the time so it should be a good guide for you. I'd say get to the park before rope drop-- don't bother with fast passes for the first hour or so as most rides are not full then. Try and book your fast passes between 10:30 and 2 (we usually left the park around 1/2 to go back and have lunch, swim, nap etc. Then we would return to the park at night depending on how tired the kids were and dining reservations).
Here's what my kids loved and were fast pass worthy in each:
MK: Peter Pan (there always seems to be a huge line), character meet and greets (the lines can be in excess of an hour), grand prix driving (both my kids loved this and there were long lines to get in). We also had fast passes for various rides but ended up switching them for others if we could get right in (Enchanted Stories with Belle, Winnie the Pooh, Ariel ride, Barnstormer rollercoaster-- this one is 35 inches so your son could ride), Dumbo)
Epcot: depends on how you set up your day-- we did Around the World starting at around 11 so I would do the Norway ride as the line was brutal. We did do a fast pass for the Nemo ride and the Turtle Talk-- you don't need one for Turtle Talk as a lot of people skip it and it is more like a show. My kids loved it though so definitely go! We did a fast pass for the character meet and greet which was great-- Mickey, Pluto, Goofy and Minnie.
HS: Toy Story Mania-- you definitely need one for this. We also used one for the Disney Junior Show (we went to the Ariel one across the way and when it ended, we used the FP to walk right into Disney Junior show). We didn't need one for anything else. The Beauty and the Beast show was terrific. My kids also liked the Muppet ride. Toy Story Mania was their favorite though!
AK: We went straight to the Safari ride so ended up not using our fast pass for that. My kids weren't tall enough for other rides really. We ended up saving our fastpasses and used them at the MK that night (we had a dinner rezzie and then did three quick rides before heading home to bed). You have to use them all in the same park so this only works if you haven't used any.