PDA

View Full Version : Omg, DH is man-sick

lalasmama
03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
DH rarely gets sick. Apparently, he's got a cold now. Achy body, cough, sore throat. He is both b*tchy and needy all at once. He's demanding. He's whiny. He wants touched. He doesn't want touched. He wants medicine to feel better, but he doesn't want to be left home alone, and doesn't want to go to the store either.

Because of his mood, I'm trying to stay out of his way. Then I get blamed for not being social, and he whines that he misses me. Then he b*tches that I don't get him whatever he wants fast enough. It's like having a 250lb two year old.

I'm this.close to taking DD and going shopping at the mall that's 90 minutes away... But then he'd whine about the money we spent.

Ear plugs and an afternoon nap, here I come!

SnuggleBuggles
03-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Luckily my dh isn't that bad (no complaints about being together/ alone) but he's "sick" today too. Well, up till 10pm last night, I was throwing up every hour (or more) for 18 hours. It's my recovery day. My real illness trumps whatever he has, imo.

Oh, and in January when he had strep throat, I had to drive him to the Dr. and take care of him. 3 days later when I caught strep, I drove myself to the Dr., got my own meds, ran the household... absurd. Granted, his case was worse than mine but that's because he chose to ignore my advice to go in (I knew at noon on Friday he had it but he didn't go in til 10am Saturday). I have no patience for that.

I would be a horrible nurse.

ged
03-24-2014, 04:05 AM
sorry. I hear ya. I KNOW I am a terrible nurse. Let's just hope he gets better soon!