PDA

View Full Version : 2-pack Clarisonic replacement brushes on Groupon for $24.99 and FS

Blue Hydrangea
03-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Saw this in my email this morning, thankfully before I ordered a new one at full price. :)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2-pack-of-clarisonic-replacement-brush-heads-1?p=1&utm_source=pc_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=e25251f2-8544-436a-ab6b-4ad24daa9dc3&division=sioux-falls&user=caf9cc1a8e15220f2dacdd5e743abed30d925d2ee0521 b4163be83c42efeb9b0&date=20140324&s=body&c=deal_button&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=e25251f2-8544-436a-ab6b-4ad24daa9dc3&

MrsE
03-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Thanks a lot OP!

Saw this in my email this morning, thankfully before I ordered a new one at full price. :)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-2-pack-of-clarisonic-replacement-brush-heads-1?p=1&utm_source=pc_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=e25251f2-8544-436a-ab6b-4ad24daa9dc3&division=sioux-falls&user=caf9cc1a8e15220f2dacdd5e743abed30d925d2ee0521 b4163be83c42efeb9b0&date=20140324&s=body&c=deal_button&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=e25251f2-8544-436a-ab6b-4ad24daa9dc3&

coolae
03-25-2014, 02:11 PM
wow! they totally increased the price of these! i bought them a month ago for 11.99 for a two-pack!!!

Blue Hydrangea
03-25-2014, 02:16 PM
wow! they totally increased the price of these! i bought them a month ago for 11.99 for a two-pack!!!
Wow, where did you get a great price like that? Were the ones you bought genuine Clarisonic? I've been watching Ulta and Sephora for months and haven't been able to get them for less than $25 for one. That's why I was excited for this deal.

coolae
03-25-2014, 02:40 PM
i've bought the Groupon goods ones twice in the past several months…they are not genuine Clarisonic but they work totally fine. i just realized that the fine print is different in these versus the ones i bought which were called "clarisonic compatible". these appear to be genuine so i see why they would cost more!

Binkandabee
03-25-2014, 04:40 PM
If these are in fact genuine, I'm going to place an order. I inadvertently bought a generic replacement brushead and it broke me out!

MMMommy
03-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Thanks, OP! Just ordered a pack of the Sensitive.

Blue Hydrangea
03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
If these are in fact genuine, I'm going to place an order. I inadvertently bought a generic replacement brushead and it broke me out!

I just ordered, so I won't know for sure until they arrive, but I read the Q&A that answered several times that they were genuine clarisonic brand and decided to go for it. I hope they are, and if they are, I do think it's a good deal.

urbanmommy
03-26-2014, 07:01 AM
Thanks OP. I was long overdue for a replacement and looking for a good deal on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twoboos
03-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks OP, I grabbed some! :)

babyonway
03-26-2014, 10:28 AM
I got some for my mom. Thanks for posting!

stinkyfeet
03-26-2014, 01:55 PM
This sounds great! Thx for sharing!

I don't see why/how the Groupon representative would lie about the authenticity of the product.

corrie23
03-28-2014, 11:08 AM
Can someone post if this (or a similar) deal reappears?

The post pushed me over the edge to finally purchase a brush (I ended up getting this Mia 2 package for $110 shipped after discounts and ebates cash back http://www.skinstore.com/p-22303-clarisonic-pink-mia-2-yonka-value-set.aspx), but I missed out on this deal by the time I pulled the trigger on the order, and I'm sure I'll be looking for replacement brush heads before too long.
Thanks!

Binkandabee
03-28-2014, 12:40 PM
This sounds great! Thx for sharing!

I don't see why/how the Groupon representative would lie about the authenticity of the product.

I purchased a rainbow loom from a similar site (not groupon, but same concept) and was assured over and over again that it was authentic. Turns out it wasn't, it was REALLY close, but it was in fact counterfeit upon inspection. Groupon just facilitates these sales....they don't actually ship the product themselves or even see them for that matter. Groupon has been told these are authentic, and that's what Groupon is telling their customers.

I hope they are authentic, but I'm highly suspicious that they aren't.

Twoboos
03-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I really hope they're real, the pics on the site show the Clarisonic boxes! THAT would be bad. ETA: But I think the description said Clarisonic Compatible. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly.

Binkandabee
03-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Here's the way that you can tell:

http://tenderandcruel.blogspot.com/2013/12/clarisonic-brush-heads-authentic-vs.html

When I ordered mine from an Amazon reseller I had no idea it was counterfeit. I had ordered a deep pore brush instead of the original and chalked up the breakout that ensued to that fact. I even posted a question about breakouts with the deep pore brush here. Only after I gave the deep pore brush a go again several months later with a replacement head that I purchased at Sephora did I realize it was a counterfeit product I'd used earlier.

stinkyfeet
03-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Here's the way that you can tell:

http://tenderandcruel.blogspot.com/2013/12/clarisonic-brush-heads-authentic-vs.html

When I ordered mine from an Amazon reseller I had no idea it was counterfeit. I had ordered a deep pore brush instead of the original and chalked up the breakout that ensued to that fact. I even posted a question about breakouts with the deep pore brush here. Only after I gave the deep pore brush a go again several months later with a replacement head that I purchased at Sephora did I realize it was a counterfeit product I'd used earlier.

This is why I won't buy beauty products from amazon. It's very tempting because the price is lower, but it's just not worth it since I've read there are do many counterfeit beauty products on amazon.

Binkandabee
03-28-2014, 03:40 PM
This is why I won't buy beauty products from amazon. It's very tempting because the price is lower, but it's just not worth it since I've read there are do many counterfeit beauty products on amazon.

This was not amazon itself, but rather a reseller on there. I've learned my lesson that's for sure! The 4 pack from Sephora and Ulta are a decent deal. They are $75.00....so buy 3, get one free. That's about the best deal I can find on a regular basis.

MMMommy
03-28-2014, 03:44 PM
The brush heads pictured in the deal shows the Clarisonic box/brushheads, but the description does say "compatible with all Clarisonic facial cleansing devices." Which may mean that they are truly Clarisonic brand and thus compatible with all Clarisonics or they are imitation, non-Clarisonic, but compatible with all Clarisonics. Also, the original retail price shows at $40, which is how much the two-pack Clarisonic brand ones sell for. So I hope that is a good sign that they will be the real deal.

mmsmom
03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
I received my sensitive ones today. They are in a Clarisonic box but I am not sure if they are authentic and would like to hear from others that received them. I went to the link to the blogpost PP posted and the last picture with the back is what has me concerned. I do not have an authentic box to compare but my authentic brush's back is grey and the Groupon one is white and glossy w/ numbers in circles.

Selling counterfeits is illegal and if they are counterfeit no more Groupon for me. I've had other issues w/ them and this would be the final straw. BTW, they arrived in a Groupon envelope shipped from Groupon goods.

Twoboos
04-02-2014, 02:43 PM
I just got my sensitive ones. I am leaning toward knock-offs. The bristles look "softer" in the ones I received than the one I have on my Clarisonic now. The back is not gray one I have now but the Groupon back has the numbers in circles.

I'm not happy. Is there another way to tell? What will Groupon do about it?

supersparkee
04-02-2014, 03:06 PM
I also ordered the sensitive ones and I am positive these are not authentic. The box they were in had been opened from the bottom and the bottom tab was torn completely off, although the torn tab was included in the padded envelope. The box had also come unglued on the side. It was almost as if they packaged the brush heads in a used box. Then, one of the brush heads had a "tooth" on the back that was broken off and it wasn't in the box or envelope so it happened before packaging. I compared it to the sensitive brush that came with my Mia and the shape of the teeth and tabs on the back is slightly different, as are the grooves on the sides that slide the head into the device. The plastic is also different - it is shiny and not smooth on the sides, as opposed to the head that came with my Mia, which is smooth and matte. It also has the small circles with numbers on the inside instead of the one larger number. All of the small differences mean it was manufactured using a different injection plastic mold and different plastic, something you think would be standard at Clarisonic, which screams "counterfeit" to me!

I contacted Groupon the night I got the package with my concerns, especially stating the damage on one of the heads, but only got this "form letter" response:

"I'm very sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your Groupon Goods purchase. Unfortunately, we don't have the inventory to offer exchanges or replacements at this time. Of course, we're happy to accept returns.

You can return most products within 14 days of receiving them. Keep in mind that some items are not returnable. Please check the deal's Fine Print for specific details about returns. You can find more information on our standard return or exchange policy at http://gr.pn/GoodsReturns.

If you would like to return the product you received, you'll first need to head to a computer. (Unfortunately, our return gnomes aren't particularly good with mobile apps.) Once your keyboard and mouse are fired up, go to your My Groupons page at http://www.groupon.com/mygroupons and find this purchase in your account. Then click the blue link labeled "Return" under the "Track Order" button. If your item is eligible for a return, just follow the on-screen instructions to fill in your details and print a prepaid mailing label.

Sorry again for the trouble. If you have any questions or need any help with your return, please let me know.

Regards,

Pradeep R.
Groupon Customer Support"

Of course, this item is marked "Final Sale" so I can't return it without getting their approval to return. If I wanted knock-offs, I would have ordered THEIR knock-offs for $9.99 for 2. I feel like I got swindled. :(

Blue Hydrangea
04-02-2014, 03:24 PM
OP here. I'm sorry. :(
I just received mine and I think they're knock-offs too. I knew better than to order them off ebay, or even amazon, but I thought Groupon would be selling the genuine brushes, as was stated in the Q&A that I checked before posting. I bought a box of sensitive and a box of deep pore. Unfortunately, my Mia is a couple years old with it's original brush, so I don't have anything packaging to compare it to, but I've checked on various blogs and youtube videos and decided that I think these are counterfeit after all. The boxes are definitely brownish gray, rather than the sage/gray the originals are. And the back of the brush has small number dials that doesn't look like the back of my original brush.
I've submitted it as an issue to Groupon and said they are counterfeit and want to return them, but haven't heard back yet. :shake:

stinkyfeet
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
So sad to hear that groupon would sell counterfeits and call them authentic. It seems like they would know based on their supplier. You can always order the authentic ones from sephora/ulta with their recent coupons!!

Twoboos
04-02-2014, 03:51 PM
I sent them an email telling them how disappointed I am since they stated multiple times that the brush heads were authentic. I said I want to return and not pay shipping. Let's see what they say.

I am waiting on Ulta/Sephora coupons!

KrisM
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I ordered the deep pore and was surprised how very soft they feel. Turns out I think they are fakes. Bummer. I'm going to email Groupon as well.

TwinFoxes
04-02-2014, 06:23 PM
If people are getting form letters, perhaps calling is better for quick resolution.

1-888-664-4482

Website says CS is available 9-5 CT.

Good luck. BTW, has anyone tried going through their CC company? It seems like they would refund you if you receive counterfeit goods.

ETA: No idea what's going on with the crazy formatting!

MMMommy
04-02-2014, 07:09 PM
I sent an email too (just missed calling them, as their phone lines closed 8 minutes ago).

My authentic Clarisonic Sensitive boxes are brownish-gray, like the ones Groupon sent. But I noticed the plastic in the back is a bright white on my authentic ones (sent to me from Clarisonic). The ones sent from Groupon look off-white/cream colored on the plastic in the back.

Will see what they say.

Blue Hydrangea
04-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Ok, I received the form letter email as well, so I just called their CS (thanks for the number!). The CS rep said that all the documentation they have says the brush heads are authentic, but that if I was unhappy, I could return them. Although when I clicked "return" on the groupon site, it said they were ineligible for return. I was still on the phone with the CS rep and he was able to manually change the return option, and it includes shipping. I won't be able to get a replacement (I wasn't expecting to, nor do I want one) but they will refund my payment as soon as they receive the products.

So if you're unhappy, call and get your return option updated.

MMMommy
04-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I called Customer Service and explained to the rep my concerns about authenticity of the product. He said he will email me a shipping label to send it back for a return.