PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland: DL Hotel or Paradise Pier?

azzeps
03-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Which hotel? Does it matter? It's about $300 more for the Disneyland Hotel. We want to be on property for the extra hour at the parks and the ability to hang at the pool some of the time. This is for a 2.5 day visit in mid June. Thanks!

twowhat?
03-26-2014, 10:44 PM
I just wrestled with this! We ended up choosing DLH (we have stayed there before). Most everyone on the disboars were saying that PPH doesn't feel as "disney" and is really just one step above the HoJo.

With the ages of your kids, the DLH pool would sell it for sure - the pool is A-MAZE-ING, with a large shallow area with slides and water features (that even light up at night!) for the littles. PPH's pool can't even compare.

We really loved the DLH. It feels like it's fully incorporated into the resort (folks say PPH doesn't feel incorporated). The rooms were great. It's a nice walk to the gates through downtown disney so you feel like you never leave disneyland. We can't wait to be back there!!

So if $300 isn't gonna break your budget, I'd choose the DLH!

smiles33
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
If pool time is a priority, compare the pools. DLH has the slides and PPH apparently is a rooftop pool. We, too, are choosing DLH for our June trip and I know it's going to be packed at the pool so I'm planning (hoping!) on renting one of the 6 cabanas at DLH to ensure we have some place to sit/rest while the kids play.

Tondi G
03-27-2014, 12:30 AM
We LOVE the Disneyland Hotel. The new pool area and slides are wonderful. The hotel rooms are magical.

BayGirl2
03-27-2014, 01:25 AM
DLH for sure. It's such a fun hotel.

Smiles we did the cabana rental and it's a nice treat. Hope you get to do it!