PDA

View Full Version : LE or LL Bean for Women's Tops

krobbin
03-27-2014, 09:33 AM
I am growing tired of my poor quality ON, Gap and Target tee shirts and am looking for simple short sleeve tee shirts that will stick around for awhile.

Would you guys recommend LL Bean or Land's End? How would you say the shirts run? I can't figure out if I need a SM or XS, I don't want the shirts to hug every curve, I've had two kids....

Any deals on either site currently?

I'm also in the market for Fleece sheets, I've seen Garnet Hill recommended - what about LE or LL Bean, do they even compare?

Thanks!!

wellyes
03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Lands End. I really really really WANT to like LL Bean clothing, but I've been disappointed. Both LL Bean and Lands End are pretty utilitarian, which is fine by me. But Lands End makes me feel pretty, and LL Bean doesn't.

TwoBees
03-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Lands End. I really really really WANT to like LL Bean clothing, but I've been disappointed. Both LL Bean and Lands End are pretty utilitarian, which is fine by me. But Lands End makes me feel pretty, and LL Bean doesn't.

Interesting. I've been less happy with LE lately, and liking LLB more. The fabric is more substantial. I do like LE's 1x1 rib short sleeve tees though.

anonomom
03-27-2014, 09:53 AM
I'd buy one of each and compare fits. For me, LLBean shirts fit well, but Land's End shirts hang strangely. I suspect it's something you can only determine by actually trying them on.

If you're not in a hurry, keep watching the Land's End page. They do 30% off the whole site occasionally.

meggie t
03-27-2014, 09:54 AM
I love Lands End tees. Great quality (although they change where they are made pretty much yearly) and you can choose different fits. I am due for a refresh but have had my current ones for several years.

Garnet Hill is having a tee sale right now. $15. So, you could try both and see what you think.

liz
03-27-2014, 02:15 PM
I like LE better than LB, but that is mostly because I think that the tops are too short. A frequent fit description on their tops describes them as ending at "high hip". Personally, I want to cover my hips ;)

indigo99
03-27-2014, 04:03 PM
I have a tank that I like from LLB, but I have lots of stuff that I like from LE. I do order from them more since I can return in Sears though. They do have different fits and different materials so you can't really judge them by one or two shirts. Some of the tees are really thick while others are really thin. LE seems to generally run large IME.

citymama
03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
Along those lines, I have been quite happy with the few Eddie Bauer clothes I have - I find them more trendy and Gap-like than LE for example. And they have a big sale!

SnuggleBuggles
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM
I always think of LLB tops as short and boxy. Well made but not flattering.

AnnieW625
03-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Never tried LLB, but my experience with Lands End was short and boxy. I have had better luck with their button down shirts, and dresses though. I used to buy A LOT from Eddie Bauer, but haven't in years since they closed the mall store closest to me, but my favorite walking shorts are from their outlet and they have lasted 5 yrs. and they are in great shape. I should check out their outlet store again.

krobbin
03-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the input everyone!

I have a long torso, so I am concerned about shorter fitting shirts. I wish I had a LE or LLB store near me to try something on, but I don't. I'll wait for a sale and see what I can find :)

ahisma
03-28-2014, 12:11 AM
I agree with PP about Eddie Bauer. I prefer LE over LLB, but probably return half of what I try. It's easy, so no big deal. I shop instore at EB (sales only) and have found their tops to be longer and more on-trend. I worried about quality initially, but they've held up well.

I also find that the Sonoma line at Kohls can be surprisingly decent sometimes.

WatchingThemGrow
03-28-2014, 06:25 AM
Just got some LE scoop neck tees yesterday and the torso felt longer than before. I have several older ones, so I'll compare after the first wash. I like my EB tees of yesteryear also, but our store closed and they were more expensive.

Mommy_Mea
03-28-2014, 06:45 AM
I would also recommend LE over LLB for shirts. LLB is a very utilitarian fit, and not typically stylish or flattering. LE can be all over the place in style, fit and quality, but they have a huge selection, so I would either go in store and try on a bunch, or just place a big order from online.

mom2ethan
03-28-2014, 04:59 PM
I would also say LE. I was very happy to find that they added tall sizes to some styles of t-shirts (like my favorite 1x1 rib tees). I'm not all that tall - 5'9" - but I love the way the tall sizes fit me! The extra couple of inches in length makes a huge difference.

liz
03-28-2014, 06:48 PM
I would also say LE. I was very happy to find that they added tall sizes to some styles of t-shirts (like my favorite 1x1 rib tees). I'm not all that tall - 5'9" - but I love the way the tall sizes fit me! The extra couple of inches in length makes a huge difference.

Thanks, I'll have to check them out!