PDA

View Full Version : Disney World hotels off-site- help please!

toby
03-28-2014, 11:31 AM
I am looking for a hotel off-site from Disney World, but with just a short shuttle ride. Anyone have experience with:

-Double Tree Suites- Hilton at Buena Vista
-Holiday Inn at Buena Vista
-Hilton at Bonnet Creek
-Wyndham at Bonnet Creek

Thank you so much!!

TwinFoxes
03-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is awesome. It's closer to the parks than some on property hotels. I'm on my phone, will write more later. Search in this forum, you'll find several posts about it.

army_mom
03-28-2014, 04:09 PM
we stayed at Wyndham at Bonnet Creek. Hilton at Bonnet Creek is in the same basic complex (across the street). I didn't use their shuttle service so I can't comment about that but the condo (2bed/2bath full kitchen) was fantastic. Lots of pools around the complex. Some had kids things to do (lazy river, pirate ship I think). Lots of hot tubs for adults, spas, restaurants on site. We used Ken at vacation upgrades and got a good deal. The only thing was it was hard to find parking sometimes if you came in late (but we were there for Princess weekend last year) It is very convenient to the property. Lots of post about it here and on disboards. If you have specific questions, please ask and I'm sure someone can help as many have stayed there.

http://www.vacationupgrades.com

ETA: there is also a Wyndham hotel in the complex if you aren't looking for a full condo

wendibird22
03-28-2014, 04:49 PM
Stayed at the Wyndham in December for a conference. Gorgeous hotel. Good food options. Pool with lazy river is excellent.

toby
03-29-2014, 08:57 AM
Thank you so much!

scrooks
03-29-2014, 09:43 AM
We also loved the Wyndham bonnet creek. We got a fantastic deal on a 3 bedroom presidential. The room was sooooo nice!

candaceb
03-29-2014, 11:29 AM
There are 2 different Wyndhams in the same complex - the hotel and the timeshare resort.
You mentioned shuttles - IME staying offsite is fine as long as you rent a car. The offsite shuttles are never as convenient as Disney transportation. They don't run frequently, don't go to all the parks, make multiple stops, etc. The Wyndham timeshare now charges a per person per day fee for the shuttles too.

There are usually discounts codes for the Doubletree through Mousesavers - I think it's one of their "preferred" offsite hotels.

toby
03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
There are 2 different Wyndhams in the same complex - the hotel and the timeshare resort.
You mentioned shuttles - IME staying offsite is fine as long as you rent a car. The offsite shuttles are never as convenient as Disney transportation. They don't run frequently, don't go to all the parks, make multiple stops, etc. The Wyndham timeshare now charges a per person per day fee for the shuttles too.

There are usually discounts codes for the Doubletree through Mousesavers - I think it's one of their "preferred" offsite hotels.

In terms of renting a car, do they charge at Disney and is parking a pain?
Thanks!

KrisM
03-29-2014, 06:37 PM
In terms of renting a car, do they charge at Disney and is parking a pain?
Thanks!

It's $15/day to park. You can go between lots and get in without paying more. No idea how much of a pain.

wendibird22
03-29-2014, 07:43 PM
We went to WDW at New Years and stayed at my ILs so we drove in each day. We were basically there the busiest time of the year and had no problems at all with parking. I thought it was super easy.

KrisM
03-30-2014, 07:18 AM
It's $15/day to park. You can go between lots and get in without paying more. No idea how much of a pain.

It increased to $17 today.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

TwinFoxes
03-30-2014, 08:25 AM
They don't run frequently, don't go to all the parks, make multiple stops, etc.

This to me describes Disney shuttles as well, and is why we use our car, even when staying on property.

You can get really good rates for WBC. I used vacation upgrades. We got a 1 bedroom presidential suite for ten days for approx. $1100. This was in during the Epcot Food and Wine Fest in 2012. We used Vacation Upgrades. The room was very nice, and it was great having a way to cook meals. DDs got tired of eating in restaurants, and really liked having breakfasts and a couple of dinners in the room.

The other Wyndham is the Wyndham Grand. I didn't think of them as really being in the same complex, but you can walk the distance. I assume that's where people are talking about the great restaurants.

WBC is very close to Downtown Disney, Epcot, and DHS. Closer than some of the on property hotels like All Star Sports/Music.