PDA

View Full Version : Oh, MIL!

basil
03-28-2014, 01:07 PM
This is sort of not even a bitch because I really don't even care...

MIL, FIL, and SIL were supposed to visit this weekend. Today SIL emailed DH to say that she and FIL are coming, but MIL is staying home because she had *head lice* a few weeks ago. Now, MIL is 65 years old, doesn't work, and has no contact with kids except mine. It seems, from what little I know of lice, it's kind of improbable that she would have them. And if she did that she would be done with treatment since it's purportedly been a few weeks.

DH thinks it's related to the fact he "forgot" to call her on her birthday a few days ago. And she's making it up to get attention/sympathy/guilt trip.

But seriously - who makes up *head lice*!??!!! Come on, woman, a stomach bug or the flu or pink eye or something! She is so weird.

lizzywednesday
03-28-2014, 01:53 PM
OK, I understand that you're frustrated about this, but, I couldn't help but laugh.

Seriously laugh. I'm with you - why use "head lice" as an excuse?

basil
03-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I have to chuckle a little at whatever brought her to come up with head lice! I'm a little sad that I can't have a semi-normal MIL and she always tries to create this drama, but this will make my weekend a bit calmer anyway!

hellokitty
03-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Lol, well I hope that your mil *really* has head lice. I find it so weird that someone would use that as an excuse, there are so many other better excuses, but head lice? HAHAHA! How strange. I just have to chuckle, b/c my mil comes up with some real doozies, but your mil's head lice excuse is hilarious!

hillview
03-28-2014, 03:07 PM
sorry but that is hilarious

BunnyBee
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
You need to check the others at the door with a Terminator comb. ;)

nfowife
03-28-2014, 07:05 PM
what a strange excuse. 1) it is very rare for an adult to have head lice. They don't really like adult heads. And how would a 65 year old woman come into contact to get it? They really aren't on things...only spread through head to head contact. and 2) if it was a few WEEKS ago it would be gone.
Weird.

elizabethkott
03-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Next time you want to bow out of a social event your MIL has invited you to, get SIL to casually mention that you can't attend because your DH has crabs.
I dare you.
:icon_twisted:
It's just as preposterous. And far more entertaining. If you're going to lie, at least make the lie plausible or entertaining!!!

crayonblue
03-29-2014, 06:51 PM
OK, that is funny! Although I do hope for MIL's sake that it is a really odd lie...

twowhat?
03-30-2014, 10:44 PM
If you're asian like I think you are, I am not surprised. That generation (and others?) come up with the most horrible lies to manipulate family members.

My dad's family told my dad that my grandpa (who has cancer) was on his deathbed and would probably die within days to force him to fly overseas to visit and to send money. When he got there? Grandpa was in fine spirits and not even in the hospital! It makes me angry the kind of manipulation I see.

Anyway, head lice? LOLOL!!!

basil
03-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Ha! So the weekend was actually kind of pleasant without MIL here…the FIL/SIL combo was pretty tolerable and DS had fun. Then they left early on Sunday so poor SIL could go home and tend to the lice head.

twowhat - I'm not asian, but DH is…so yeah, weird manipulative lies, but this one was really wacky!