PDA

View Full Version : which overnight diaper

lmh2402
04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
DD is currently outgrowing her size 6 huggies overnight.

i had tried the Huggies Night-time pull ups in 2T-3T (she currently weight 27 lbs) and it was a total disaster - she soaked through EVERYTHING

so, not sure if I should size up or try something else

recos please.

carolinacool
04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Wait - she's 27 pounds and outgrowing size 6 already? Is it literally getting too small, or is she soaking through? MY DS started soaking through overnight, so I tried these diaper inserts, and they worked great. You can try pairing them with Pull-ups if you really do need to go up a size.

http://www.toysrus.com/buy/baby-diapers/select-kids-baby-diaper-booster-pad-180-count-2771-3844600

And it looks like Pampers makes a size 7, although I've never seen it in stores. They are probably not quite as absorbent as the Overnight, but are likely more absorbent than pull-ups if you don't want to try the diaper inserts.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pampers-Cruisers-Diapers-Choose-Your-Size/27280907

mikala
04-01-2014, 09:36 PM
I agree with pp that 27 lbs seems small for a size 6. Ds2 is about the same size and wears a size 4 in Huggies overnights.

Where are they too small? Rise, thighs, waist? Are they leaking because she's filling them or because of fit?

Staraglimmer
04-01-2014, 10:42 PM
My daughter is 26 pounds and wears a size 4. Are you sure that they aren't too big? With older DD I ended up doing the diaper inserts and plastic pants.

-Stephanie
Mommy to
DD1 04/08 and DD2 6/12

KLD313
04-01-2014, 11:04 PM
My 18 mo old is in pampers overnights size 5 and he's 25lbs. He was soaking through a size 4 but still wears that size during the day. My 3.5 yo is in a size 6 but can fit in a 5 and she's about 35lbs or more. Maybe like the previous posted said they're too big. I've always found Huggies a bit snugger than pampers though. Maybe switch brands?

basil
04-02-2014, 05:37 AM
DS is wearing a regular size 4 Huggies both at night and during the day…it's pretty wet in the AM and then he poos in it but no leaks….he's almost a year older than your DD and at least 30 lbs, so maybe like PP are saying they are too big?

123LuckyMom
04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
DD is 22lbs, and is at the top range of the size 3s and bottom of the size 4s. We have had to buy size 4s for a while because our local stores don't ever seem to have the size 3 overnights in stock. They are fine now, but when we first started using them, they definitely leaked, because they were too big. I think that might be your problem, too. I'd get the body size of diaper appropriate for her weight (size 4) and see what happens. If they're over full, I'd either double up or use a liner but stay with that size. Barring that, I'd switch brands to see if something else works better. The weight ranges on the packages are worth following, though. Those really are the weight ranges the diapers are designed to fit.

specialp
04-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Agree to go smaller. My toddler is the same 27 lbs. and is comfortably in a size 4 with room to grow. I put size 5 in our emergency weather kit (so I don't have to think about it for many months) and had to borrow one when I ran out of our regular diapers and it did leak from being too big. Of course, too small leaks, too and DS's will leak once he reaches the upper weight limits for a size and I will go ahead and move up, but it sounds like you are 2 sizes up.

lmh2402
04-02-2014, 10:09 PM
hm, not sure. the diapers are totally, totally soaked when she wakes. the 6 doesn't necessarily seem tight, just that she's soaked through it a few times. with DS, that was usually a sign that it was time to move up. and past size 6, it seems that you move to pull-ups, right?

i totally forgot about the inserts though, used to use those with DS. Thanks for the reminder - i'll order some tonight!!

twowhat?
04-04-2014, 10:28 AM
My kids are 38 pounds and can still put on size 4 diapers! If she's really soaking through the Huggies Overnights, I agree it's time to order inserts. I've used both Huggies Overnights and Huggies Pull-ups Nighttime (it must be the Nighttime ones, not the regular pull-ups!) and they are comparable in how much pee they hold.

Kestrel
05-19-2014, 12:15 AM
My 51# DS is in size six huggies overnights... smaller is your better bet, IMO. Must be a sound sleeper!