PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher woes!

essnce629
04-01-2014, 01:57 PM
So bummed that I was just told that the dishwasher I ordered (Bosch 800 series) will not fit!!!!! It's 1/4" too tall because the previous owners laid down tile, over the existing floor, in front of the old dishwasher and now the old dishwasher can't be removed and the new one can't be put in. Our options are to remove a section of the floor (9 large tile squares) in order to switch out the dishwashers or to order a new dishwasher that is slightly smaller and probably a different brand. Oh and wood floor the current dishwasher is sitting on appears to be disintegrating due to some type of unseen water leak, so that has to be repaired too!!!! Washing dishes by hand for over a month now = NOT FUN!!!

KpbS
04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Man, that stinks! Bummer! :(

speo
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
I feel your pain! We have the same problems. Our dishwasher is original to our 1975 house. The wire racks are rusting and disintegrating. There are sections of those with holes that I can't put dishes. And it doesn't wash very well. But I can't get a new one because I would either have to rip out the countertop or remove tile like you. There is zero space to lift the dishwasher out over the tile. Our kitchen is old and needs replacing, but we can't afford to do it now. Ripping out the tile would be ugly because it is in a highly visible area. So we are stuck and not sure what to do. :(

basil
04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Oh, I hate hate hate when people do crappy home remodeling jobs! Our rental house was FULL of short cuts the landlords had taken just to be cheap. That sucks about your dishwasher…I would look for another brand if I were you.